Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with Random files and Last uploads not found error  (Read 5248 times)

spinoneuk

• Coppermine newbie
Problem with Random files and Last uploads not found error
« on: August 09, 2017, 09:04:46 pm »

I am having a problem since upgrading to 1.5.46 (from 1.4.x) with the random files and last uploads. when I click on any thumbnail I get a 404 not found error. Any pointers on how to resolve this would be much appreciated. The link to my site is http://www.italianspinone.co.uk/coppermine/index.php.

Linda

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Problem with Random files and Last uploads not found error
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 11:29:36 pm »

It seems to me that your Joomla .htaccess file is doing url rewrites that is affecting your CPG installation

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 05:23:44 am »

I looked at the failure pattern again and see that it fails only on the home page for random and last upload images. It does not fail when looking at individual categories. It leads me to feel there could be an issue with the amount of server memory allocated for the PHP process execution. You have ~30,000 images and the PHP process may be failing to process them all to sort out what is needed. Look at Information->phpinfo for 'memory_limit'. If the value is something small (like 16M or 32M), it is likely the problem. If so, you'll need to have the configuration changed to allow more memory use.

spinoneuk

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 04:55:28 pm »

Thanks very much for the information. The php server memory is set at 90M so given the number of images I have it's probably best not to use the random or last uploaded.  I will have a look at the Joomla .htaccess too but think the server memory is more likely to be causing the problem.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Re: Problem with Random files and Last uploads not found error
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 03:10:27 pm »

It does not fail when looking at individual categories.

If you're in a category, there's no url rewrite. So I still think it's related to the rewrite rules added by Joomla. Maybe you should temporarily disable them and try if it works as expected then.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.