Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installation problem: "Could not read the source image"  (Read 11284 times)

ijwyn

• Coppermine newbie
Installation problem: "Could not read the source image"
« on: May 09, 2017, 01:42:39 am »

So I'm trying to install Coppermine 1.5 on my linux box (Fedora). I went through the installation process, following instructions to the letter. I used chmod 777 on the required folders then followed instructions in install.php. Things went well until Step #5, where I get "Could not read the source image.    Generated image    Reference image" for all six tests (see attached screenshot).

Now at the top of the screen, it says "There was an error in one or more of the tests, please make sure you selected the appropriate Image Processing Package and it is configured correctly!"

I installed ImageMagick and, as far as I know, it does not require any configuration, it's supposed to work right out of the box (in fact, testing it in command line worked just fine).

My initial thought was a permission issue, but as I've said, I've chmod'ed the folders as needed. Then I thought of SELinux, which often causes issues, but I have it disabled (setenforce 0) so that's not it either.

I did try searching for this error through documentation, FAQ, google, and throughout the forum but I haven't found anything relevant...

I'm baffled. What am I missing?

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Installation problem: "Could not read the source image"
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 07:38:32 am »

Try setting GD2 as your image manipulation package.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

ijwyn

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Installation problem: "Could not read the source image"
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 03:54:45 pm »

Weird... I had thought of trying that yesterday but GD2 wasn't showing in the pull-down menu (in Step #4). I think this may be because I installed it while I was on that screen (initially it couldn't find either ImageMagick or GD, so I installed both at the same time, but only IM showed up for some reason).

In any event, I tried again today, and there it was! So I made the switch and, sure enough... it resolved the issue!

Thanks for the help. The rest of the installation went very smoothly ;)

Gonna go play around with this now, heheh.

Thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.