Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Bridging CPG 1.6.03 with SMF - not working  (Read 33920 times)

PZsHosting

• Coppermine newbie
Bridging CPG 1.6.03 with SMF - not working
« on: May 22, 2017, 06:12:43 am »

Has anyone been able to get Coppermine Gallery 1.6.03 to bridge with SMF 2.0.14?

If so, any helpful hints or tips would be appreciated ;)

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • +Tinyportal Support team.
Re: Bridging CPG 1.6.03 with SMF - not working
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 09:20:26 pm »

Just tested it on a local install, fresh copy of SMF 2.0.14 and Coppermine 1.6.03 Bridge seems to be working ok on there. 

In SMF you need to go Admin > Configuration > Server Settings > Cookies and Sessions.

Untick the  "Enable local storage of cookies", and "Use subdomain independent cookies" (turn off local cookies first!)

Click save, and then test to if it works.
Running SMF 2.1.4  / Tinyportal 3.0.0, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25, plus cpmfetch 2.0.0

PZsHosting

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 09:43:40 pm »

Nope :(

Maybe I should mention that the server was recently upgraded to use PHP 7. It's smokin' fast! But I haven't upgraded the old Gallery, I tried it first with a fresh install of a new Gallery and every time I try the bridge, I get this error:

Code: [Select]
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function query() on null in /home/removed/public_html/gallery/bridge/udb_base.inc.php:60 Stack trace: #0 /home/removed/public_html/gallery/bridge/udb_base.inc.php(33): core_udb->query('SELECT NULL FRO...') #1 /home/removed/public_html/gallery/bridge/smf20.inc.php(112): core_udb->connect() #2 /home/removed/public_html/gallery/bridge/smf20.inc.php(287): cpg_udb->__construct() #3 /home/removed/public_html/gallery/bridgemgr.php(592): include('/home/removed/pu...') #4 {main} thrown in /home/removed/public_html/gallery/bridge/udb_base.inc.php on line 60
Which really doesn't say anything that I would understand, other than it doesn't work :-\

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 02:06:46 pm »

Did you resolve this?

It's generally best if the server and database name are the same between CPG and SMF. If that is not practical, try making this change:

Add one line after line 30 in bridge/udb_base.inc.php
    global $CONFIG, $CPGDB;
    $this->dbObj = $CPGDB;   // <- add this line

Please let us know if (and how) it gets resolved.

PZsHosting

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 07:39:25 pm »

Wow ron4mac,

That did work! That one little line. I'm surprised no one else has come across this problem.

Thank you!

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 09:03:39 pm »

Thanks for your feedback. I'll apply an appropriate change for the CPG distribution.

PZsHosting

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 11:00:38 pm »

I got brave and upgraded my old Gallery so that I wouldn't have to create all those user galleries again. I had to apply your fix, but it worked! I also had to turn off a couple of plugins. I used that xfeed plugin to put the latest thumbnails from the Gallery on my SMF forum. That definitely doesn't work any more. Going to miss that :(

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2017, 03:01:19 am »

I used that xfeed plugin to put the latest thumbnails from the Gallery on my SMF forum. That definitely doesn't work any more. Going to miss that :(

If a plugin is no longer being developed/supported by its author and is not compatible with CPG 1.6, point me to a version that you have been running and I'll consider modifying it to make it compatible (no guarantees).

PZsHosting

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2017, 03:40:22 am »

That would be most generous!

Until cpg1.6 I was using cpg1.5.x_plugin_xfeed_v1.11

Basically I used the feed to put a block on the left side of my forum where I use EzPortal. It worked great until cpg1.6 or PHP 7.1

The code used to generate that block was:

http://www.somewhere.com/Gallery/index.php?file=xfeed/xfeed&cat=10003&type=atom
It just put a couple thumbnails of an album from a particular member's most recent photos. He recently retired as a teacher in Bremen-haven, Germany and I hate to take away something from his routine. He's been doing this for years.

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2017, 09:40:02 am »

Wow ron4mac,

That did work! That one little line. I'm surprised no one else has come across this problem.

Thank you!

Nice one.  I confess I did forget about the database stuff, I have my coppermine and smf all in one database as per the recommendations, hence why it worked as expected.  Nice to know it'll work either way though.
Running SMF 2.1.4  / Tinyportal 3.0.0, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25, plus cpmfetch 2.0.0

PZsHosting

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2017, 01:36:23 pm »

Oooo... lurkalot, I see that you are an SMF Arcade Support member? A bit off topic but are you running SMF Arcade on a server with PHP 7 yet? That's something else that stopped working for me :(

I think I would have probably put my Copermine data base in with my SMF data base, but it was so many years ago I forget now what was going on. I got everybody to re-register from the old YaBB to SMF in early 2006. And I don't think Coppermine bridged to YaBB, I don't remember. Some how it just came out that I did it that way and when it worked, I didn't mess with it.

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2017, 02:16:20 pm »

That would be most generous!
Find it in the CPG 1.6.x plugins.

PZsHosting

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Re: Bridging CPG 1.6.03 with SMF - not working
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2017, 04:44:20 pm »

Find it in the CPG 1.6.x plugins.

I checked in the plugins for 1.6x and don't see it. Attached is a screen shot...

Did I just get there before it was uploaded?

PZsHosting

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2017, 04:47:12 pm »

Oops! I thought you meant at sourceforge. I found it. Testing now....

PZsHosting

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2017, 05:18:22 pm »

And it works! :)

Thanks again!

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2017, 01:25:19 am »

Oooo... lurkalot, I see that you are an SMF Arcade Support member? A bit off topic but are you running SMF Arcade on a server with PHP 7 yet? That's something else that stopped working for me :(

I think I would have probably put my Copermine data base in with my SMF data base, but it was so many years ago I forget now what was going on. I got everybody to re-register from the old YaBB to SMF in early 2006. And I don't think Coppermine bridged to YaBB, I don't remember. Some how it just came out that I did it that way and when it worked, I didn't mess with it.

I was on the support team for SMF Arcade a while back when it had its own support site, but have been busy with Tinyportal for the last couple of years since taking over the project.  I must change that reference on my profile, thanks for the reminder.

PZsHosting

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2017, 02:17:16 am »

I used TinyPortal for years. I thought that when the original developer from Norway, I think, moved on it was going to fade away. Does it work with SMF 2.0.14 and PHP 7? If I remember correctly, I preferred the way it handled RSS feed Blocks etc..

SMF Arcade will be missed :(

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2017, 03:06:32 pm »

I used TinyPortal for years. I thought that when the original developer from Norway, I think, moved on it was going to fade away. Does it work with SMF 2.0.14 and PHP 7? If I remember correctly, I preferred the way it handled RSS feed Blocks etc..

SMF Arcade will be missed :(

I'll pm you with info if that's ok, we're already going of topic. ;) I'm just in the middle of moving hosting for all my sites. and I'll get back to you via PM here.

PZsHosting

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2017, 03:35:54 pm »

I got the PM. Tried to reply to it. There must be some limit here on PMs that I don't qualify for or I'm missing something :-\

But thanks!

petergariepy

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2017, 08:25:42 pm »

SMF version 2.0.13
Coppermine 1.5.46 (stable)

If i turn on bridge i have no success. If i try to login to CM it takes me to SMF, but Im still not logged into GM.

www.65gs.com
www.65gs.com/board
www.65gs.com/photogallery

Any help is appreciated!

Peter

(FYI:  I cant seem to start a new post here, only respond to existing)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.