Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Files vanishing, thumbnails missing... i don't know what to do!  (Read 3824 times)

tatobodeman

• Coppermine newbie
Files vanishing, thumbnails missing... i don't know what to do!
« on: January 09, 2017, 10:03:35 pm »

Okay guys, let me start off by saying that i have basically no programming skills... just enough to have my gallery up and running..

I was just browsing my gallery today and I noticed that a lot of the images and thumbnails are gone, only showing the default "trash can", even though the files are all in the folder, when I check the FTP server, and I have no idea of how to fix it. Three months ago I transfered my whole website to a new server (GoDaddy), but I didn't have any issues with it until now...

I tried to regenerate the thumbnails and images in the admin, but I get this Critical error message:

While executing query 'UPDATE cpg1411_pictures SET pwidth = '', pheight = '' WHERE pid = 157' in util.php on line 535

mySQL error: Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'pwidth' at row 1

Foto: /home/tatobodeman/public_html/galeria/include/functions.inc.php - Linha: 272

Here is the link of an album with the weird images (for example, the thumbnails don't work, but the main images open): http://www.maroon5br.com/galeria/thumbnails.php?album=1167
I have no idea of what could have happened and how to fix it...

Thanks!!!

gmc

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • GMC Design Photo Gallery
Re: Files vanishing, thumbnails missing... i don't know what to do!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 03:44:41 am »

Looks like there are missing large images... and when the rebuild hits one - it can't determine the height/width to update the database with... Probably should fail more gracefully, but its still going to fail...

You are missing a large number of files... Be sure you haven't exceeded a space or number of files limit for your host... (some are know for their 'unlimited webspace' offer - but limit the number of 'inodes'... Each folder, file, email message is an inode...)

At 23,000+ pics... you have between 46,000 and 69,000 files (depending on whether you have intermediate images) just for the gallery photos... Coppermine adds about 2200 files/folders as distributed... plus whatever else is on your site...

Not looking like a Coppermine issue - but more an issue for your webhost.
Hopefully you have a good backup from your move??
Thanks!
Greg
My Coppermine Gallery
Need a web hosting account? See my gallery for an offer for CPG Forum users.
Send me money

tatobodeman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 01:07:35 am »

Hi! I do have an old backup that i'm trying to use to fix this... but is there anyway I can batch remove the missing files, so my gallery has only the good working ones?

gmc

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • GMC Design Photo Gallery
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 02:49:30 am »

There is a 'Check Files' plugin...
Has the ability to identify database entries with missing full size photos - will list them by path... and option to delete them from database.
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,77347.0.html

But from the looks of it - you might lose a lot of photos...
Restoring the files from backup might be a better choice.
The 'Check Files' plugin can let you know exactly what is missing so you see what you need to restore.

Once all the fullsize pictures are there - admin tools can rebuild the thumbnails.
Thanks!
Greg
My Coppermine Gallery
Need a web hosting account? See my gallery for an offer for CPG Forum users.
Send me money
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.