Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: batch add files redirects back to selecting a directory  (Read 11789 times)

caspianstudios

• Coppermine newbie
batch add files redirects back to selecting a directory
« on: December 28, 2016, 03:52:21 pm »

my version is v1.5.12

When I try to select a directory to batch add, it goes back to the same page. Any ideas ?
searchnew.php?startdir=theselecteddir

gmc

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • GMC Design Photo Gallery
Re: batch add files redirects back to selecting a directory
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 05:28:54 pm »

There have been multiple fixes in this area in the last 6 years... (1.5.12 released 1/2/11)

I'd recommend upgrading to the current release - 1.5.44.
Thanks!
Greg
My Coppermine Gallery
Need a web hosting account? See my gallery for an offer for CPG Forum users.
Send me money

caspianstudios

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 12:40:24 am »

it was working fine till a few months back and all of a sudden it became like this. I don't think it has anything to do with the versions and I'm not looking do debug any other issues due to updates.

Please help me debug the issue at hand. I saw previously people had the same issue but no solution was posted.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 01:06:05 am »

It may be down to the version, the have been updates to PHP which may have been applied by your host. Please do as requested and upgrade. If an issue still exists after the upgrade we will be better placed to assist. Please also appreciate that we do not want to repeat work trying to debug issues that hav already been fixed some time back. In addition, we are reluctant to try and support versions of software that have know security issues for both our benefit and for yours.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

gmc

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • GMC Design Photo Gallery
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 01:07:32 am »

(Phil and I typing at same time... but since I already typed it in...)

Not enough info to do any debugging... no link to gallery... no specifics of what the folder names are (special chars were one issue)... and likely admin access would be needed to view (do not post admin credentials here).

The CHANGELOG.txt file in the latest download will like ALL the changes... a simple find of 'batch' shows the fixes - and the related threads that detail the issues - if you want to chase down that path.
The most relevant appear to be:
2015-05-30  Fixed batch-add interface if directory name contains specific strings (thread ID 78202) {eenemeenemuu}
2014-10-06  Fixed several issues with file path names on batch-add (thread ID 77820 & 77823) {eenemeenemuu}
2014-07-01  Fixed batch add interface issue when selecting folder (thread ID 77442) {eenemeenemuu}
2013-05-02  Merged missing code changes of error message support for the batch add process {eenemeenemuu}
2011-07-27  Fixed batch-add issue if no file is selected (thread ID 70342) {eenemeenemuu}

Many issues have been due to new versions of PHP being implemented on webhosts - introducing changes in behavior... If you have the ability - try pointing your site to an older version of PHP (talk to your webhost about if you can do this or how to do so - may be via control panel settings, php.ini, or .htaccess files depending on the host.)  See if they documented any upgrades.

With a 6 year old version/release - there are MANY fixes including security patches that should be applied.  If you don't have any manual code changes to CPG, the upgrade should go very easily...

Quite honestly we are a small group actively maintaining CPG - and debugging 6 year old code isn't going to be a priority... Keeping the code current and working on the next release is where we spent the precious time we have.
Thanks!
Greg
My Coppermine Gallery
Need a web hosting account? See my gallery for an offer for CPG Forum users.
Send me money
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.