Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album setup  (Read 3021 times)

DD13012

• Coppermine newbie
Album setup
« on: July 12, 2004, 02:45:44 pm »

Hi,

First of all, i'd like to congratulate all the programmers for a wonderful piece of masterwork software !  :D

I've installed it on free.fr and everything worked fine at my very first attempt to set it up.

I have a couple of questions though:

1/ I'd like to organise my albums in a tree-like structure
for instance:
  root
    |--- Friends
    |       |- Wedding
    |       |- Birthday Party
    |
    |--- Landscape
    |       |- France
    |       |- UK

I haven't found out how to do this ; if it is possible, how can I make this structure ? Can I give different rights to different users ?

2/ At work the firewall setting won't allow ftp connections, so I can only send pictures one to five at a time. Is there a possibility to send a whole windows folder at a time ?

Again, thanks for the good work !

-- Dede

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Album setup
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2004, 08:15:10 am »

1) only one question per thread!
2) Yes, use categories, sub-categories and albums. Albums can hold pics, categories can't. Read the documentation first.
3) You can create different user groups ("groups" in admin menu) and add your users to different groups for different permissions
4) You can set the number of http uploads to 10 files at a time
5) You can use XP_Publisher to upload more files when using WIndows XP

You questions clearly show you didn't bother to look into the documentation that comes with coppermine. Please do so first, then search the board and only if you still can't find an answer post your question, one at a time.

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.