Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coppermine critical error: Unable to connect to database  (Read 6511 times)

Jim Ostrander

• Coppermine newbie
Coppermine critical error: Unable to connect to database
« on: October 05, 2016, 10:40:50 am »

I recently migrated my forum files to a different server and now am unable to connect to the Coppermine database.  I get the following error:

Notice:  Undefined offset: 8192 in /home2/rvowners/public_html/photos/include/debugger.inc.php on line 112

Coppermine critical error:  Unable to connect to database !

MySQL said:  Access denied for user ‘rvowners_copp3’@’localhost’ (using password:  YES)

Right up front I must let folks know that I am not a programmer, and I did not install the Coppermine software.  From what I can recall when I actually did have access to the database, the software is version 1.4.20.  The person that I purchased the website from tells me that there must be a corrupted file.  Can someone interpret the error message and tell me how to proceed? 

gmc

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • GMC Design Photo Gallery
Re: Coppermine critical error: Unable to connect to database
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 11:14:12 am »

nothing corrupted... You are running a very old version, and your new website is running PHP v5 (as they should be).
We fixed this issue long ago.

Please upgrade to the latest version of CPG. In addition to this fix there are many other items addressed and features added.

The upgrade isn't difficult - especially if a 'vanilla' install (no mods to code.)

Links to latest version and upgrade docs can be found here: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,78867.0.html
Thanks!
Greg
My Coppermine Gallery
Need a web hosting account? See my gallery for an offer for CPG Forum users.
Send me money

Jim Ostrander

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 11:09:34 pm »

Thank you for the quick response.  Now all I have to do is figure out how to access my Coppermine files.  This is all new to me.  I did download the cpg1.5.44.zip file and have it on my laptop. 

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 02:44:19 pm »

Follow the instructions on upgrading and you shouldn't go far wrong. If your host offers a backup solution in their cpanel make sure you use it before you start. Also make sure you manually backup your albums folder and database ate the very least before you begin. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.