Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Upgrade question  (Read 2883 times)

Incite

• Coppermine novice
[Solved]: Upgrade question
« on: July 12, 2004, 08:55:25 am »

Ok, Im sorry if this may have been answered before, I have searched the bored but could not find a response. So here goes the question. I originally installed coppermine in a Dir (/gallery) than decided to move it to my root directory due to the fact I started to base my site around CPG. I want to upgrade to 1.3 however when i try this i run into a database error. I think when i transfered all my files to the root dir, i may have screwed up the MySQL database. Im not quite sure how to fix this, any advice would be great thanx. (putting the files back in the orig DIR doesent work either)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2004, 08:00:25 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Upgrade question
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2004, 09:24:33 am »

it doesn't matter if your coppermine folder is in your webserver's root or nested some folders deep, as coppermine only uses relative paths to store information in the database. As long as you keep the folder structure within the coppermine folder intact, there shouldn't be any problem. I suggest you post what database error you actually get when trying to upgrade, together with a link to your site.

GauGau

P.S. Moved your posting to cpg1.3 support board

Incite

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2004, 09:01:57 pm »

Than for the response GauGau. i figured out what the problem was, what happend is that i transfered my CPG from one domain to another, however the mysql database is running on the other domain. How would i go about implementing the database to the domain i am currentley running CPG on? sorry for the new questions, i appreciate the help though.

Incite

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2004, 12:18:11 am »

Nevermind, I got everything sorted out.. thanx GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.