Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Delete my account  (Read 2613 times)

FatBear

Delete my account
« on: August 25, 2016, 08:47:58 pm »

I know this isn't the appropriate place to post, but I cannot figure out how to contact an admin or anything.  Hopefully someone can either help me or tell me how to get help.

I would like to have my account on this forum deleted.  I no longer use it.  Nothing against Coppermine, but I'm unlikely to ever be in a position to use it again.  I am tired of receiving notices that another forum has been hacked and my account information is spread all over the Internet.  So I am trying to track down every account I don't use and get it deleted.  Thank you for any help I can get on this matter.

And while I am at it, I would like to suggest that the Coppermine account settings should have a link in it so that a user can delete their own account.  I have run across a few forums and other types of online account that allow this.  Here in 2016, forums appear to be a major target for data thieves and I think all users should have the ability to quickly and easily delete their accounts.  It would save time for both the users (I've spent close to half an hour trying to figure out how to contact someone about it just on your forum!) and for the admins who have to fuss with it.

FatBear

Re: Delete my account
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 09:33:12 pm »

Maybe I'll just change my email address to a bogus one and not worry about it anymore....
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 18 queries.