Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album keywords across 2 (multiple) galleries  (Read 4526 times)

mr5

• Coppermine novice
Album keywords across 2 (multiple) galleries
« on: August 22, 2016, 07:11:35 pm »

I realize that it is a very unusual request, just wondering whether it is technically feasible.
I have 2 Coppermine galleries. Sometimes I need to show the same pictures in both galleries. It would be great if instead of having the same pictures physically in both galleries just "expand" the album index to include "a link" to another gallery.
I am sorry if it absolutely "out of the specs".

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Album keywords across 2 (multiple) galleries
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 08:37:07 pm »

I'm not sure how this feature should work. If someone clicks a thumbnail of your "linked" file, will he be redirected to the other gallery? Or do you want to include it seamlessly in the "first" gallery?

Either way, this will probably never be a core feature, so I'm moving this thread to the support board.

mr5

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 11:18:33 am »

Thanks Andre. I meant the second option. Just for "future thinking". Thanks

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 08:36:08 pm »

It may be possible to display the actual picture and its meta data with a hack/mod/plugin, but adding comments or rating will be difficult, if such features aren't available for guests in the "other" gallery.

If that suits your requirements, I'll try to create a mod for you when I find enough spare time. Let me know.

mr5

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 10:25:49 am »

It would be great!!! Thanks a lot! No comments and no rating allowed in these galleries. I am at 1.5.24 (I know, I know..), but will switch "when I will find enough spare time"  ;)

netb

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 10:21:58 pm »

I am at 1.5.24 (I know, I know..), but will switch "when I will find enough spare time"  ;)

You know there are 4 Security Releases after your version, so some day you might get surprised from someone with spare time :p ;)

mr5

• Coppermine novice
Re: Add number of files to page title
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2016, 10:42:52 pm »

Sorry Andre, i didn't see the update.
I have galleries g1 and g2. As a rule they have different pictures. But it could happen that some pictures from g2 also could belong thematically to g1 and should be shown when viewing g1. 
More specifically. Album A1 of  g1  has album keyword K.  I will give some pictures in g2 keyword K and want them to be shown when viewing A1. I don't mind specifying in addition to K some sort of link to g1. I don't know how to perform a search in both galleries g1 and g2. It would be great, but probably not doable. Or we are talking different things? Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.