Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help please! config.inc.php parse error during upgrade 1.4.10 to 1.5.42  (Read 10716 times)

pict

• Coppermine newbie

Trying to upgrade a 1.4.10 installation that doesn't run under PHP 5.6. I am moving hosts - the old one ran PHP 5.2 and I had no issues. The new host uses PHP 5.6 and the script fails with multiple errors. I recreated the database at the new host but wasn't allowed the same database name and database username as the old host, so I edited config.inc.php with the new names (I'd FTP'd the CPG folder with the 1.4.10 install over to the new host as well obviously). I then FTP'd over all the CPG 1.5.42 files, overwriting everything in the old install files with the exception of the albums folder and anycontent.php and tried running the update.php script. I got this error message...

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ''; // Your mysql userna' (T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING) in /home1/pictdesi/public_html/adrianlaycock/pictures/include/config.inc.php on line 7

My config.inc.php file contents are this:

<?php
// Coppermine configuration file

// MySQL configuration
$CONFIG['dbserver'] =                         'localhost';        // Your database server
$CONFIG['dbuser'] =                         ‘xxxxx';        // Your mysql username
$CONFIG['dbpass'] =                         'yyyyy';                // Your mysql password
$CONFIG['dbname'] =                         ‘zzzzz';        // Your mysql database name

// MySQL TABLE NAMES PREFIX
$CONFIG['TABLE_PREFIX'] =                'cpg1410_';
?>

Any ideas what's up? Thanks in advance for any pointers. Cheers, John

EDITED TO REMOVE DB USERNAME AND PASSWORD
NEVER POST THOSE DETAILS IN PUBLIC

« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 05:35:57 pm by Joe Carver »

pict

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Help please! config.inc.php parse error during upgrade 1.4.10 to 1.5.42
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 11:57:07 pm »

I was editing the config.inc.php file (on a Mac) using TextEdit.app in plain text mode. Also was trying using Dreamweaver. Both seem to be corrupting the file. Solution for me was to download and install TextWrangler.app. I edited a known uncorrupted config.inc.php with this editor and ran update.php again. Script ran without issue.

klewless

• Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 03:03:45 pm »

I second your recommendation heartily. Text Wrangler is great on Macs. It has awesome features and is really fast to upload and download.

8)

pict

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 08:50:29 pm »

Good to know it was a reasonable choice. Is BBEdit worth taking a look at for a mac do you know?

pict

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 08:54:06 pm »

Just noticed the details edited on the OP. Just to let you know they were already faked.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 20 queries.