Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Intermediate images not being created on batch upload  (Read 10826 times)

alcorjr

• Coppermine novice
Intermediate images not being created on batch upload
« on: July 16, 2016, 05:32:41 pm »

Hello guys,

Lately I'm having a problem:

"Normal" or intermediate images are not being created after batch-uploading an album.
When I look into the album directory, "normal" images are just not there.

Furthermore, browsing the album, the intermediate image displayed is being linked to the original file, instead of the resized one:

The image appearing as intermediate is linked to : albums/modclas-ivy-2008/image-MC20150804-1.jpg

instead od where it should be linked to, like in here: albums/pris-o/normal_image-PR20150906-2.jpg

Any help?

Thanks

alcorjr

• Coppermine novice
Re: Intermediate images not being created on batch upload
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 05:34:07 pm »

It's not a permissions problem, as just a few "normal" images are created, but not all. Also, the thumbnail files are created
Thanks

alcorjr

• Coppermine novice

Ok,OK...Nobody panic,,,I found the solution myself!!

I discovered that the images that weren't generating the "normal" or intermediate picture, were exactly the same dimensions as the settings I had for intermediate pics (1024 px), hence the intermediate pic was not generated.
Cpg was also showing the original pic ('file') as intermediate, because "normal" pic was non-existent

I'm quessing that the solution would have been to change the dimensions of the intermediate picture in Configuration, and regenerate the pics. But as this happened with just a few albums, as my files are generally much larger than that, I manually duplicated the files inside the album, preceded the file name with "normal_" and uploaded them. everything worked.

Thanks again for the attention.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Intermediate images not being created on batch upload
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 11:52:45 pm »

Thanks for resolving your thread. The behaviour you are seeing is expected and outlined in the docs. Iirc, there was a mod to change that behaviour but it was only for cpg1.4.x
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 20 queries.