Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Integrate the result of displayimage.php in a forum as 1st message thread !!  (Read 14474 times)

FredNexus

• Coppermine newbie

Hello,

I'm looking a way to fully integrate the result of displayimage.php in a forum as 1st message thread !!

Little explication

When a new photo is posted automatically a new thread is created with as message a code like photo_id 5554.
On Coppermine when a member click on the 5554's thumbnails he will be redirect to the forum thread created
for the photo id 5554.

On the forum when the photo 5554's thread is call, a function will get all informations to show the photos as
displayimage.php can do.

See Attachment  8)

I would like to know if it's possible and if so what is the better forum to do it ?
PHPBB3.1 or Simple Machine Forum ?

Thanks

Best Regards

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

I cannot tell you which forum is better. It seems you currently don't have a running forum, so I wonder why you don't just use Coppermine's built-in comment functionality?

FredNexus

• Coppermine newbie

Hello,

It seems you currently don't have a running forum,

No but i'm intend to in a near futur.

why you don't just use Coppermine's built-in comment functionality?

The comment's are well but a little limited. I want for the user no difference between the forum and Coppermine.

Best regards

Nexus

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

The comment's are well but a little limited.

Maybe this is what you're looking for: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,57432.0.html

FredNexus

• Coppermine newbie

:) Thanks but I already know this plugin.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

So, if you still want/need to integrate the information as displayed in your screenshot, you first need to make sure/tell us what's possible in your board. Are you allowed to paste (any kind of) HTML code? If not, what's possible via BBCode?

FredNexus

• Coppermine newbie

At this times I do not have make my choice for a forum. I'm still between PHPBB3.1 and SMF 2.0.  ;D

PHPBB3.1 have some advantage like a good doc for the extensions development.
SMF seems to be more customizable.

... to be continued ...  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.