Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coppermine on MAMP : problem with PHP/MySql  (Read 12864 times)

LaurentR2D2

• Coppermine newbie
Coppermine on MAMP : problem with PHP/MySql
« on: April 24, 2016, 12:16:43 am »

Hello,

I can't install Coppermine with MAMP on my Mac. I get the following error :

PHP does not have MySQL support enabled.

which is wrong, since I have wordpress installed with MAMP and it's working fine. How can I fix that ?

Thank you

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Coppermine on MAMP : problem with PHP/MySql
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 03:56:28 am »

Your MAMP setup my have MySQLi setup instead of MySQL. Or it could be PHP 7, which no longer supports MySQL (in favor of MySQLi). Wordpress may have no issues using MySQLi, but CPG 1.5.x does.
You may need the 1.6 version of Coppermine (not quite yet freely available) that can use MySQLi and is PHP 7 compatible.

LaurentR2D2

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Re: Coppermine on MAMP : problem with PHP/MySql
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 12:42:30 pm »

Your MAMP setup my have MySQLi setup instead of MySQL. Or it could be PHP 7, which no longer supports MySQL (in favor of MySQLi). Wordpress may have no issues using MySQLi, but CPG 1.5.x does.
You may need the 1.6 version of Coppermine (not quite yet freely available) that can use MySQLi and is PHP 7 compatible.

MAMP was using PHP 7. I've changed the settings so it uses PHP 5.6.10 instead, and Coppermine install went fine. Wordpress is still happy too :)

Thank you
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.