Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Movements on links when click/hold and tableview editpics.php  (Read 9206 times)

Manutjee

• Coppermine regular visitor

Hello everyone,

I am trying to succesfully design and code a responsive coppermine theme and I think I'm almost finished with my current theme.
I only can't seem to get rid of two very minor (I think they're minor) issues. Whenever I click on the navigation/links in the system menu (the one that holds the Home, Login, Contact etc.) and hold the mousebutton down, it seems to move a bit like there is padding/margin added. The same happens whenever I click on the navigation/links in the admin menu (the one that holds the Config, Categories, Albums etc.) and I can't seem to figure out why that happens.

The second and last (hopefully :P) minor issue is the fact that when there are images added via the batch-add function, I get this vertical-table-look that I don't like on that page. How can I put those links (Album Properties, Parent Category and Thumbnail view) horizontally aligned?

I've tried figuring it out by using the inspector-tool in both Chrome and Mozilla's Firefox but I can't seem to figure it out.

Attachments are added below.
I apologize for the crappy explanations, I'm way too frustrated right now and I'm Dutch so...  :-[
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 08:06:45 am by allvip »

Manutjee

Re: Movements on links when click/hold and tableview editpics.php
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 09:22:35 pm »

Can't edit my post, but it also happens on the "powered by coppermine"-link. And I forgot to provide a link for you guys: http://www.98designs.flaunt.nu/portfolio/index.php?theme=cpgpremade13chemsworth
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 08:07:05 am by allvip »

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 01:24:29 am »

Whenever I click on the navigation/links in the system menu (the one that holds the Home, Login, Contact etc.) and hold the mousebutton down, it seems to move a bit like there is padding/margin added. The same happens whenever I click on the navigation/links in the admin menu (the one that holds the Config, Categories, Albums etc.) and I can't seem to figure out why that happens.

You have a font-size difference (12,13) in the .syssub style declarations in style.css that may be causing the issue.

[edit]
Looking in more depth ... those font movements are intentionally being caused by style transitions in style.css
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 08:07:20 am by allvip »

allvip

• Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2016, 07:44:25 am »

What your saying is the a:active state.

Your theme ignores a:active from

Code: [Select]
a:link, a:active, a:visited

and takes it from here (you forgot to add .catlink before a:active and a:visited)

.catlink a:link, a:active, a:visited

It should be

.catlink a:link,.catlink a:active,.catlink a:visited

I added some attachments to show more clear what you try to say.
What the error is.

The second and last (hopefully :P) minor issue is the fact that when there are images added via the batch-add function, I get this vertical-table-look that I don't like on that page. How can I put those links (Album Properties, Parent Category and Thumbnail view) horizontally aligned?

You have display:block; on the .admin_menu. Delete it.
I think the admin_menu class is used on other pages too. If you need display:block; for the admin menu on other pages let me know.

.admin_menu {
    font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif;
    display: block;
    font-style: normal;
    font-size: 100%;
    font-weight: 500;
    border: 1px solid #5a5a5a;
    background-color: #e9e9e9;
    color: #5a5a5a;
    margin-top: 0px;
    margin-bottom: 0px;
    text-align: center;
}

BTW it does not has to do with batchadd. Is just the editpics.php admin menu style.
It shows like that no matter what you use to upload or if you try to edit the files in an album.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 08:08:03 am by allvip »

allvip

• Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2016, 08:14:01 am »

I edited the topic title for two reasons (Small coding issues: Movements on links when click/hold and tableview @ batchadd) :

_batchadd will show in the search for users that will search topics for batchadd issues (this topic has nothing to do with batch add).
_ don't use in the title something like Small coding issues:, help etc

Just describe the issue in the title.

Manutjee

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2016, 01:07:52 pm »

Oh, crap... I feel stupid, haha! I checked the .css file twice and I was so focused on the issue being margin/padding, that I completely forgot about the possibilities of it being the font-size.
I solved every issue I've mentioned previously, but there's one thing I don't think I fully understand, and that's the editpics.php file. Were you (trying to) say(ing) that no matter how I do it, that page will display itself like that or am I still able to tweak around that page and get the 'Album properties', 'Parent category' and 'Thumbnail view' to align horizontally?

Thank you very much for helping me solve these issues and giving a better explanation of what I was trying to say.

allvip

• Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2016, 01:52:18 pm »

but there's one thing I don't think I fully understand, and that's the editpics.php file. Were you (trying to) say(ing) that no matter how I do it, that page will display itself like that

I just wanted to say that no matter how you do it you will still be redirected to editpics.php not that the page will display itself like that.

or am I still able to tweak around that page and get the 'Album properties', 'Parent category' and 'Thumbnail view' to align horizontally?

I think the admin_menu class is used on other pages too. If you need display:block; for the admin menu on other pages let me know.

.admin_menu {
}

Manutjee

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2016, 02:04:12 pm »

I just wanted to say that no matter how you do it you will still be redirected to editpics.php not that the page will display itself like that.

.admin_menu {
}

I'm not sure if I need display:block; for the admin menu on other pages.
I disabled it by adding an underscore (_) and it seems fine as of now. What would I need to add/change/delete if I need the display:block; on other pages?

allvip

• Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2016, 02:06:24 pm »

Just more specific css but if I don't know where that may be need it then I can not know what styles to post.

EDIT:  Just start a new topic if you need it and click topic solved for this one.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 02:13:41 pm by allvip »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.