Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lost ID/Password  (Read 7807 times)

Ol-Wobbly

• Coppermine newbie
Lost ID/Password
« on: January 20, 2016, 04:48:04 am »

Recently I received an email from my ISP telling me that Coppermine had been automatically updated at our site http://alt1858.org/gallery. Much to my shame  :-\ :-\ I have not been in there as admin for a couple of years, and have forgotten my ID and password. I've tried several times but after a few futile attempts it just locks me out. Please help!

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Lost ID/Password
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 11:55:23 am »

There are plenty of threads detailing how to recover a lost admin password, this link should help - http://bfy.tw/3ouq or you could even check out the docs that are on this site or in your coppermine package - http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/users.htm#lost_password

Unfortunately, you are still running a very old version of coppermine. The version you are using has not been supported for a number of years. To keep your site safe and protected please upgrade to version 1.5.40. It is a simple task which should only take 10 minutes. All details are in the docs.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Ol-Wobbly

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 12:34:05 am »

Thanks for your help Phill. I did as you suggested and changed my password in cpanel. However, I now seem to have stuffed it completely, and get this error message when I try to connect. BTW, I'll definitely upgrade, but I want to fix this first. Thanks again.

gmc

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • GMC Design Photo Gallery
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 12:09:47 am »

It looks like you changed the password of your MySQL database rather than the admin user password within the cpg15x_users table.
Need to restore that password to match what is specified in your config.inc.php file and the update the password for the admin user within the cpg users table as the doc indicated.
Thanks!
Greg
My Coppermine Gallery
Need a web hosting account? See my gallery for an offer for CPG Forum users.
Send me money
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.