Support > cpg1.5 permissions

Access to Full Size images for certain users

<< < (2/11) > >>

phill104:
As suggested, you will need to create a group with the specific permissions you wish, in this case access to full size images. You then simply add the user you wish to have these permissions to that group.

JohannM:
Sorry, I might sound stupid (again) ... how to you add a specific user to the group I created "VIP" which have permissions to view thumbs, intermediate and larger photo.

Thanx for your reply.

JohannM:
Sorry ... I read your rely again.

Ok, first ... I did create a group called "VIP" with all access right.

E.g. the user George1234 I grant access to the group VIP ....

Issue still is: I want to restrict this user to a specific Album, since I sell "VIP" downloads (per album). But I don't want this user to be able to download the full size images for any album, but only from a spesific album.

With aother words: Group:User:Album

Hope this make sence.

gmc:

--- Quote from: JohannM on March 20, 2016, 12:39:50 pm ---Issue still is: I want to restrict this user to a specific Album, since I sell "VIP" downloads (per album). But I don't want this user to be able to download the full size images for any album, but only from a spesific album.

With aother words: Group:User:Album

--- End quote ---
You would need to create a group "VIPAlbum1" and grant access to those that can view fullsize images from Album1...
Repeat for each album...

However, unless you are using some form of access restrictions on webserver - or a plugin like Mask URL http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,78168.0.html that hides the true file names and paths - it is quite easy for a knowledgeable CPG user to guess the path to the fullsize image and access it outside of CPG...

JohannM:
Thanx gcm

I do have over 400 albums and 1.6 mil pics, so protecting them is vital.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version