Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help Remedying FTP/Coppermine Error  (Read 9508 times)

nicole21290

• Coppermine newbie
Help Remedying FTP/Coppermine Error
« on: November 29, 2017, 11:56:35 am »

First, the mea culpa. In my eagerness to get started, I failed to google instructions as to how to use FTP with Coppermine. I'm new to both things and so jumped in too early. Basically, this is what happened:

1. I created three subfolders under /public_html/albums in my FTP client and moved across a thousand or so files in various subfolders from my laptop's harddrive.
2. I uploaded them via batch upload in my Coppermine gallery.
3. I deleted them within my FTP client, being a complete novice and not realising how things actually work.

Yes. I know that was a huge mistake.

Now...

So now when I try to batch upload, it still shows me those three subfolders I initially created. I've removed all files from my Coppermine gallery because I assumed that would be a good first step and Googling didn't help me find a solution. I attempted to change my gallery's album directory (after adding photos to a new subfolder in albums on my FTP client) but that didn't work for me either. Coppermine simply said THERE ARE NO FOLDERS INSIDE THE "ALBUMS" FOLDER YET. MAKE SURE TO CREATE AT LEAST ONE CUSTOM FOLDER WITHIN "ALBUMS" FOLDER AND FTP-UPLOAD YOUR FILES THERE. YOU MUSTN'T UPLOAD TO THE "USERPICS" NOR "EDIT" FOLDERS, THEY ARE RESERVED FOR HTTP UPLOADS AND INTERNAL PURPOSES.

If anyone could help me out here with a solution, I'd be incredibly grateful.

Thanks,
Nicole

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Help Remedying FTP/Coppermine Error
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 01:15:40 pm »

I'm not sure what exactly you deleted/changed and what not. Which folders exist in your albums directory currently? Are the permissions set correctly (i.e. Coppermine has read and write access to that folder(s))?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.