Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Development of Coppermine seems to be stuck  (Read 3244 times)

sindbad5

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • My Images - medienarchiv.com
Development of Coppermine seems to be stuck
« on: November 15, 2015, 03:05:58 pm »

Hi, since some years I've used different image galleries for my images. I like coppermine but it has two major issues.

1. Repeated FTP-Upload of images in folders with subfolders. I know that you have one shot with the mass import plugin, but if you want to add more folders later it doesn't seem to work. This doesn't make sense because taking care of an archive of images means that new material will be produced which must be added to the image gallery.

This is something I really want to be solved and until now is coppermine's major issue from my point of view.

2. Responsive Design. I don't need the gallery to run perfectly on all devices, because a small  smartphone doesn't seem to me the appropriate device to search images in a gallery, but some dynamic flexibility should be available to use best the range between tablets and 24" displays.  There should be different settings for the number of rows and columns for albums for different displays. It seems a good idea to embed coppermine into wordpress like WPPA.

Due to a lack of knowledge I can't contribute to the development of coppermine. But I would like to know, if coppermine will be responsive in the near future and if improvement regarding the repeated mass import of images can be solved quickly.

gmc

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • GMC Design Photo Gallery
Re: Development of Coppermine seems to be stuck
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 04:00:50 pm »

1. Repeated FTP-Upload of images in folders with subfolders.
What exactly doesn't the mass import plugin do that you need?  Want to understand the change you are looking for as I haven't played with that plugin much..  It appears to take any subdirectory within your albums folder as input.
What doesn't seem to work?
Do you want it to be able to process a filestructure and only add from those folders not already existing as categories/albums? 
Do you want it to find any new file in any new or previously existing folder?

2. Responsive Design.
For over a year there has been a responsive theme for Coppermine contributed by allvip - and I believe other themes as well..
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,77662.msg375362.html#msg375362

I won't comment on your choice of topic title - other that to say all the volunteer members of the dev team are quite busy... working on CPG - and our paying jobs....
Thanks!
Greg
My Coppermine Gallery
Need a web hosting account? See my gallery for an offer for CPG Forum users.
Send me money

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 11:12:19 pm »

Just to add, there is also the excellent html 5 upload plugin which you may find easier to use than FTP uploads.

In addition to the responsive theme alvip created, we also have a responsive theme based on bootstrap as well as a couple of others.

Contributions? Anyone is free to get involved. We are always after translations, help with the documentation, ideas etc. No need to be able to code to help. We are a small team so development is slow at times. We would love for more to join the effort especially coders and people with design skills. Hopefully with our development repo now on GitHub we will see more contributions.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

sindbad5

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 09:43:37 am »

Thank's for your answers. I hadn't realized that coppermine has the potential to be responsive. I tested it and here i the result:
http://www.medienarchiv.com/a-archiv/

It is not perfect and has some minor, but it works, fits into my website and the mobile friendly test from google is happy.

The other question about importing a lot of images in folders and subfolders, I will pose in a seperate thread.

Tom   

sindbad5

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 07:37:34 pm »

I have uploaded my responsive theme. See this thread:
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,78523.0.html

Tom 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.