Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hidden access to Login from navbar  (Read 3788 times)

bobmiers

• Coppermine newbie
    • Foxglove Software
Hidden access to Login from navbar
« on: November 07, 2015, 12:27:57 pm »

Hello everyone,

Environment:  CPG 1.5.38 being used on a single page of a WEB site under development and being tested on Localhost (XAMPP) using the contributed theme curve_altmenu. 

With André’s and gmc’s help I am able now to go directly to the intermediate page of CPG working as desired.  I have succeeded in removing several items from the navbar that I don’t want guest users to see. Namely: pic_info and the “File # of #” text. I have left the “back to thumbnail”, “SlideShow”, and the photo navigation buttons.

Desired conditions: to be able to access the “login” function for the “Admin” and “Registered” users.  Only the “Admin” and “Registered” users will be permitted to upload/delete photos.

Preferred method: install the “login” function as a button on the navbar and then hide the icon while leaving the functionality there.  The Admin and Registered users will be told where to click on the page to access the “Login” function.

I have spent a considerable amount of time searching the Blog and trying several different methods, but nothing seems to work for me.

Question:  I assume that it is possible, but I need the advice of the CPG experts.  If possible, some hints please!

As always, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Bob Miers

PS I am attempting to comply with the “credit” policy by leaving the CPG footer on the actual page where CPG appears and I have added the CPG logo to the sidebar of my site template. As such, it will appear on every page of the site.  See the attached screen capture of the bottom of the sidebar. If this doesn’t comply, let me know.

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Hidden access to Login from navbar
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 01:14:14 pm »

Why not just have no login in the nav bar and tell the admin and registered users to access the the site as <site url>/login.php?

bobmiers

• Coppermine newbie
    • Foxglove Software
Re: Hidden access to Login from navbar
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 02:14:46 pm »

Greetings ron4mac,

I thought that I had tried your suggestion....I suspect that I left off the ".php".

Anyway, it works.

Thank you much!!!

Bob Miers
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.