Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Invalid]: Add Pics through links besides upload?  (Read 4633 times)

Amirsan

• Coppermine newbie
[Invalid]: Add Pics through links besides upload?
« on: July 10, 2004, 03:14:53 am »

Is it possible that we can add images and photos to our albums without always uploading from our computer, but instead get the images location link, place the link, it copies it to your server, and then adds it to the albums?

That would be pretty neat, especially for gaming websites like mine whom can take screenshots from other sites to add the the albums or even from the official sites which promote thier screenshots to be copied. Though its such a hassle to save image as, then I have to reformat it, THEN upload it...

Not to mention give a description and title for each. If we can only just add them with a link...
« Last Edit: July 10, 2004, 04:48:10 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Add Pics through links besides upload?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2004, 04:47:51 pm »

this feature already exists in cpg1.3.0
However, the pics will be copied to your server, there's no hotlinking to other images on distant servers.

GauGau

Amirsan

• Coppermine newbie
Re: [Invalid]: Add Pics through links besides upload?
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2004, 10:48:40 pm »

so its exactly what I wanted... I put the link, and it takes the image, copies it, renames and puts it in my server. :D

Also, is there watermarking in the new version? You are slowly persuading me to upgrade...

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: [Invalid]: Add Pics through links besides upload?
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2004, 10:19:07 am »

no, watermarking doesn't come with cpg1.3.0 out-of-the-box

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 20 queries.