Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cpg 1.5 500 error while trying to upload Zip file of album pics  (Read 9077 times)

dlonskey

• Coppermine novice
cpg 1.5 500 error while trying to upload Zip file of album pics
« on: September 16, 2015, 05:03:40 am »

I've just recently added the Zip Album plugin for my gallery. I had tested it on a smaller album and it worked fine, however, now when I try to download a zip file of a complete album with 500 pics in it, I get the following error message:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@sbcgallery.dlonskeyphoto.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I'm having trouble finding out the reason but I'm wondering if it could have anything to do with the size it's trying to load into a zip file? Thanks...

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: cpg 1.5 500 error while trying to upload Zip file of album pics
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 10:16:44 am »

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Please have a look at your server's error log.

I'm wondering if it could have anything to do with the size it's trying to load into a zip file?
Please test this on several albums in your gallery and report your results.

dlonskey

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 02:31:29 pm »

Thanks, will check server's log. The album that did work with just a few was a different album but I'll check others and let you know.

dlonskey

• Coppermine novice
Re: Re: cpg 1.5 500 error while trying to upload Zip file of album pics
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 07:14:41 am »

Please have a look at your server's error log.

Please test this on several albums in your gallery and report your results.

Sorry it's taken me this long to reply back with my results. First, I tried this with several of my other albums ranging from 28-230 pics...all worked fine. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to view the error logs on my hosts server, however, the response I was given made since, especially when I realized the albums that works had pic sizes no bigger than 200kb and the pics I was trying to download into a zip file was between 1700 - 2000kb. Aparently, as quoted by my webhosting site:

"The issue seem to be that you site is timing out before the zip action
can be executed. What you are trying to do is very resource intensive.
Here is an example of the errors that are being generated.
[Tue Sep 22 08:59:48 2015] [error] [client 12.252.41.166] Premature end
of script headers: index.php, referer: htt"

They increased the memory and time for php to allow more time for the script to execute but it's still too intensive for a shared server. Right now, I'm doing further test and at the moment, 200 pic album with the pic sizes between the 1700-2000kb I mentioned about is working. I have about 1600 pics to upload so I'm creating several albums and will increase each one by 50 pics until I get to where it times out and gives me the error again.

Hope this helps anyone else who maybe experiencing this same issue. My hosting site does have other payment plans that might work so I'll be looking at those but in the meantime, this is where I'm at.

Andrea, I know I have other issues I've posted and I'll be getting to those as I can but this one was more of a major issue I needed to get addressed. Thanks for your help...

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 10:01:09 am »

From your explanations it seems that you want to download your files once. If so, you don't need to use that plugin, but can simply download the albums folder via FTP.

dlonskey

• Coppermine novice
Re: Re: cpg 1.5 500 error while trying to upload Zip file of album pics
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 03:21:52 pm »

From your explanations it seems that you want to download your files once. If so, you don't need to use that plugin, but can simply download the albums folder via FTP.

Andre,
The downloading of the zipped album us for people who have registered to use my gallery. The pics and videos placed in these galies are for these registered users...I have the originals. Having the plugin allows t g em to diwnload the complete album instead of using the "Add to favorites" feature, which always takes them back to the begging ingredients once added. With the number of pics I take, sometimes over 2000, having this plugin available is handy. Unfortunately, it's my hosting site that can't handle the large album diwnloads but have figured out that a 350 pic album will work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.