Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: (cpg 1.5.x) Movie files playing on some browsers but not others  (Read 7497 times)

dlonskey

• Coppermine novice
(cpg 1.5.x) Movie files playing on some browsers but not others
« on: September 04, 2015, 05:28:10 am »

I have my config settings to allow the following video file formats (asf/asx/mpg/mpeg/wmv/swf/avi/mov/mp4/flv/webm) but some browsers work and other don't. I also have "Flash Media Player (flash_media_player): v2.1" plugin installed and running. Both Firefox and I.E.11 appear to be able to play videos inside my gallery but Chrome & Microsoft Edge don't. Is there a plugin I need to install from your website or from another location installed on that browser in order to make there work? I've attached a pdf showing this. Thanks

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: (cpg 1.5.x) Movie files playing on some browsers but not others
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 11:18:15 am »

The flash media player is just used for mp4, flv and webm files. I recommend to convert your videos to mp4 files, so the flash player can play it (or HTML 5 in the long term: http://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_video.asp).

dlonskey

• Coppermine novice
Re: Re: (cpg 1.5.x) Movie files playing on some browsers but not others
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 06:47:24 pm »

The flash media player is just used for mp4, flv and webm files. I recommend to convert your videos to mp4 files, so the flash player can play it (or HTML 5 in the long term: http://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_video.asp).

So would the source code fir HTML 5 go into the browser or in one of the cpg templates and where about?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 04:03:05 pm »

Sorry, I don't get what you're asking for. For compatibility reasons I suggested to convert your existing video files to mp4, so you can play them with the flash media player plugin. Alternatively, you can tell Coppermine to use the HTML 5 "video" tag to play your mp4 (or whatever) files. The code is already prepared, you just need to add a new entry to the filetypes table:
Code: [Select]
        if ($mime_content['player'] == 'HTMLA') {
            $pic_html  = '<audio controls="true" src="' . $picture_url . '" autostart="' . $autostart . '"></audio>';
        } elseif ($mime_content['player'] == 'HTMLV') {
            $pic_html  = '<video controls="true" src="' . $picture_url . '" autostart="' . $autostart . '"' . $image_size['whole'] . '></video>';
        }

dlonskey

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 05:55:58 am »

Thanks Andre, I'll have to give that a try. Sorry for the late reply but I've been quite busy and haven't been able to check in and try any fixes. Once I have, I'll post the results. Thanks again....you've been helpful when I've needed it...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.