Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: zip uploading & xp_publish request  (Read 3250 times)

m0nty

• Coppermine novice
zip uploading & xp_publish request
« on: June 29, 2004, 11:47:02 am »

my gallery is basically for clubbing events photo's and we have a number of people who work with us and go round reviewing and photographing nightclub events and festivals etc.

this means they can be wanting to upload 100+ photo's at a time.

not a problem if they're administrator but is an issue with the way i want it to work.

the problem is that i don't want to give people administrator access so that they can create and select category b4 uploading, both with xp_publish and zip upload.

i have created a 2nd group called admin, but what i want to know is how can i give that group permission to create a new album and select a category from the public albums section when they are uploading via xp_publish * also the same when they want to upload a zip file.

basically the category's are listed into regions of the uk, and the albums for each club are in each category.. ie godskitchen@air 21/05/04 which is an album..  every event requires a different album..

i have edited xp_publish for now so that all users can create new album and upload to category of their choice by removing the IS_ADMIN from the if statements, i can't figure how to do this for zip upload though.  what i would prefer would be to be able to select what groups can create albums & select category to upload to via the admin panel.

any help would be apreciated..

m0nty

• Coppermine novice
Re: zip uploading & xp_publish request
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2004, 06:48:54 am »

can anybody help with this?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: zip uploading & xp_publish request
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2004, 04:08:51 pm »

removing the is_admin statement means opening a huge security hole - not recommended at all.
Zip files can be uploaded as well as other archive types, but they won't automatically get extracted. I don't understand your question.

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.