Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Done] Need to find a Coppermine/.php OR plugin Developer  (Read 9275 times)

prairiewolf

• Coppermine newbie
[Done] Need to find a Coppermine/.php OR plugin Developer
« on: September 04, 2015, 02:15:42 pm »

If that is vague I apologize. Six years ago my non-profit org began using Coppermine for a competition, winners win a page in a Calendar we produce yearly as a fund raising event. Four years ago the management of the program was assumed by a member of our org. Due to circumstances beyond our control I had to take over that management two weeks ago. I moved the domain to a new host and installed the current version of CP. Submissions resumed.

What we need:

1. Advice on whether what we need can be done on a shared server acct. We can and will move the install to a vps acct if that is required.

2. A system to eliminate duplicate ranks/votes. We have the occasional submitter that tries to game the system and have had as many as 100+ rank/votes from the same IP address. As of last years CP version dups still happen.

3. A system to tally the final rank/votes that is fair to everyone that has submitted a photo for consideration.

We are willing to pay a reasonable fee however we are a small org and projected sales does create a ceiling on what we can pay and we are facing a deadline, submissions end on Sept 20th and rank/voting will be turned on until approx Oct 4th.

I believe our previous program developer was using command line instructions to accomplish the above, but that is entering a realm I am not experienced with. Ideally a plugin or plugins would be the accepted ongoing solution however other solutions will be considered.

Thank you for considering

« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 11:20:47 am by Αndré »

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Need to find a Coppermine/.php OR plugin Developer
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 02:23:23 pm »

1. Coppermine usually runs well on a shared server

2. If I remember correctly, duplicate votes aren't possible if vote statistics are enabled - but this needs to be checked

3. I think you need to determine how exactly you want to handle the votes. A one star rating (like Facebook's "like" button) will of course eliminate that consideration, as the pictures with the most votes are automatically ranked on top

prairiewolf

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 02:34:18 pm »

*Keep detailed vote stats* has always been turned on but the duplicates still happen. I just confirmed that, the config is setup exactly as it was last year. I have always been the person that sets up the config file.

The first 2 yrs I managed the gallery and had to open details on every image, cut and paste into an editor in order to delete them. IIRC I even posted here in the forums about the problem.

Last year the prog devel'r issued a report that again showed duplicate votes were still happening. Because of his efforts they had been reduced to just 4 or 5 gamers instead of the 2 dozen or more back when I did it.

Thank you for replying.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 03:18:09 pm »

*Keep detailed vote stats* has always been turned on but the duplicates still happen.

I can have a look at that if you like. If data exist which IP has voted for which picture, it's possible to deny further voting. I'll send you a PM.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.