Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: (cpg 1.5.x) Movie files playing on some browsers but not others  (Read 7560 times)

dlonskey

• Coppermine novice
(cpg 1.5.x) Movie files playing on some browsers but not others
« on: September 04, 2015, 05:28:10 am »

I have my config settings to allow the following video file formats (asf/asx/mpg/mpeg/wmv/swf/avi/mov/mp4/flv/webm) but some browsers work and other don't. I also have "Flash Media Player (flash_media_player): v2.1" plugin installed and running. Both Firefox and I.E.11 appear to be able to play videos inside my gallery but Chrome & Microsoft Edge don't. Is there a plugin I need to install from your website or from another location installed on that browser in order to make there work? I've attached a pdf showing this. Thanks

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: (cpg 1.5.x) Movie files playing on some browsers but not others
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 11:18:15 am »

The flash media player is just used for mp4, flv and webm files. I recommend to convert your videos to mp4 files, so the flash player can play it (or HTML 5 in the long term: http://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_video.asp).

dlonskey

• Coppermine novice
Re: Re: (cpg 1.5.x) Movie files playing on some browsers but not others
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 06:47:24 pm »

The flash media player is just used for mp4, flv and webm files. I recommend to convert your videos to mp4 files, so the flash player can play it (or HTML 5 in the long term: http://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_video.asp).

So would the source code fir HTML 5 go into the browser or in one of the cpg templates and where about?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 04:03:05 pm »

Sorry, I don't get what you're asking for. For compatibility reasons I suggested to convert your existing video files to mp4, so you can play them with the flash media player plugin. Alternatively, you can tell Coppermine to use the HTML 5 "video" tag to play your mp4 (or whatever) files. The code is already prepared, you just need to add a new entry to the filetypes table:
Code: [Select]
        if ($mime_content['player'] == 'HTMLA') {
            $pic_html  = '<audio controls="true" src="' . $picture_url . '" autostart="' . $autostart . '"></audio>';
        } elseif ($mime_content['player'] == 'HTMLV') {
            $pic_html  = '<video controls="true" src="' . $picture_url . '" autostart="' . $autostart . '"' . $image_size['whole'] . '></video>';
        }

dlonskey

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 05:55:58 am »

Thanks Andre, I'll have to give that a try. Sorry for the late reply but I've been quite busy and haven't been able to check in and try any fixes. Once I have, I'll post the results. Thanks again....you've been helpful when I've needed it...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.