Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Assigning groups permissions to delete pictures  (Read 24112 times)

DavidSpivey

• Coppermine newbie
Assigning groups permissions to delete pictures
« on: August 06, 2015, 04:57:24 pm »

I have the following issue when trying to bridge coppermine and PHPBB:
I cannot see how to give permissions to GLOBAL_MODERATORS to delete photos (their own or others'). Administrators already have this permission, but I want to add it to GLOBAL_MODERATORS as well.

Coppermine install: http://bonanzatrails.com/gallery
Bridging app install: http://bonanzatrails.com/forum
Coppermine version: cpg1.5.36
Bridging app version: PHPBB 3.1.5
Test user account: Please PM me for this information, as allowing you to be a moderator on the forum would be required. I won't publicly post moderator usernames/passwords.

BridgeManager settings:
Bridge app URL:  http://bonanzatrails.com/forum
Relative path to your bridge app's config file:  ../forum/
Cookie name or prefix:  phpbb3_ghjyq
Use bridge app custom groups?:  1

allvip

• Coppermine addict
Re: Assigning groups permissions to delete pictures
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 08:15:02 pm »

Go to Users - Groups. When you bridged new groups where added there.

http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/groups.htm

« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 08:34:51 pm by allvip »

DavidSpivey

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 08:20:17 pm »

Attached is what I have when I go there, and there is no option for permissions that allow deletion.

allvip

• Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 08:34:58 pm »

Maybe this can help Delete Control for V 1.5x http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,72695.0.html

DavidSpivey

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 08:48:30 pm »

I don't think you understand what I want. I want to ADD permissions for specific user groups to Delete photos, not REMOVE that permission. Are you certain that you are directing me to the right mod?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2015, 10:52:30 am »

That's not possible in cpg1.5.x. Please search our board for "moderator mode" for more information. It's a feature that has been added during the development of cpg1.5.x, but has been disabled for certain reasons. Might be possible to re-activate it or create a custom mod to achieve what you need.

DavidSpivey

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2015, 05:18:31 pm »

Well, that stinks. :(
Oh well.

DavidSpivey

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2015, 11:10:40 pm »

Now that I have had some time to work with Coppermine in bridge mode, I find that I also cannot give user groups besides administrators the permissions to edit their own photos tags and so forth.

I need to make an official request that this feature be enabled in the future versions. After all, having the administrators delete every unexpected duplicate upload, or add tags to all the user's files is an inefficient use of administrators' time.

DavidSpivey

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2015, 11:21:48 pm »

I have not understood many of the posts regarding moderator mode that I have read. Is there a simple way to give the GLOBAL_MODERATORS group administrator status? What code should I change to do this?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2015, 09:58:44 am »

Is there a simple way to give the GLOBAL_MODERATORS group administrator status? What code should I change to do this?

Open bridge/phpbb3.inc.php, find
Code: [Select]
$this->admingroups = $BRIDGE['admingroups_phpbb3'] ? explode(',', $BRIDGE['admingroups_phpbb3']) : array(5); // workaround - store admin and guest group IDs in bridge database in cpg1.6.xand add your global moderators group ID to the array, like this:
Code: [Select]
$this->admingroups = $BRIDGE['admingroups_phpbb3'] ? explode(',', $BRIDGE['admingroups_phpbb3']) : array(5, 123); // workaround - store admin and guest group IDs in bridge database in cpg1.6.x
You'll need to re-apply the above mod after each Coppermine upgrade. If you don't like that, you can also store the admin groups in Coppermine's bridge table, as explained here: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,77383.msg375239.html#msg375239

DavidSpivey

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2015, 04:43:56 pm »

I've tried both options, and neither option causes the user to have access to deleting files (their own or others). The option does not appear for the logged on user, and none of the Administrator controls appear either.

Another strange thing happens as well. When I set admingroups_phpbb3 in the bridge table, any value causes existing administrator groups to lose administrator permissions.
In PHPMyAdmin, when I go to the usergroups table, I see ADMINISTRATORS has a group_id of 105 and GLOBAL_MODERATORS has a group_id of 104
Therefore, I have tried going to bridge and setting admingroups_phpbb3 to any of the following:

Any of these options, when enabled, causes the administrator to lose access to the Administrator controls at the top of the page. It also does not fix access for GLOBAL_MODERATORS.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2015, 04:55:25 pm »

Is the GLOBAL_MODERATORS group the primary user group? If not, please test if it works if you set it as primary group to a test user.

DavidSpivey

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2015, 04:57:43 pm »

Yes, it's the primary user group.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2015, 03:03:27 pm »

Sorry for the delay.

I'd like to have a closer look at your issue. If you agree, I'll send you my contact info, so you can send me access to phpMyAdmin and an affected test account.

DavidSpivey

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2015, 06:34:54 pm »

Hey, Andre. I am also sorry for the late reply. I have prepared for your arrival by notifying our members that the gallery may be partially inoperable for a couple of days. Please do send me your information, as I would be glad to have you see how this issue is affecting the accounts.

Thanks so much.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2015, 04:59:21 pm »

Not sure why it hasn't worked for you, respectively what exactly you did. I just added a new row to the bridge table, as suggested some posts above:
- name: admingroups_phpbb3
- value: 4,5

The test user now has admin priviliges (as well as admin users should still have).

DavidSpivey

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2015, 05:02:26 pm »

Thanks, Andre. I am sure that caching on the pages was causing me some difficulty as I tested, since 4,5 was one of the options I tried. I appreciate the help you provided.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.