Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Restoring old gallery in Bulgarian Cyrillic  (Read 11702 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

usmivkata

  • Coppermine newbie
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15
Re: Re: Restoring old gallery in Bulgarian Cyrillic
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2015, 05:49:00 pm »

I did that and no more question marks, but I get something like this appearing in the CPG- години 17 класации.

I now noticed that when I am not logged in I am not able to view the full size of the images even though this is allowed through the configuration. I get a  database query error.

Probably is best to give you access to a test account where I am working on this, or do you prefer a copy of the DB, there is more then just one table broken, but mainly the comments are the problem, as the rest of the data is not that much and can be manually modified.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If by the 'front end' you mean CPG - one additional change to try...
You changed the tables to UTF-8... but sometimes we have seen that MySQL doesn't correctly open the connection (varies by host, MySQL defaults, and maybe other reasons...)

In include/config.inc.php add the following line (location doesn't matter)
Code: [Select]
$CONFIG['dbcharset'] ='utf8';This will force CPG to explicitly tell MySQL the data is encoded as should be treated as UTF8 when the connection is opened...

If that doesn't work - I would like a copy (backup) of your categories table from BEFORE any changes were made to do some testing in my sandbox...  (unless Αndré has another approach since he was already working this...)
Logged

usmivkata

  • Coppermine newbie
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15
Re: Restoring old gallery in Bulgarian Cyrillic
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2015, 04:16:10 pm »

That's the error that I get now, not sure when it appeared. Will have to recreate the whole process again to figure it out.

http://is.gd/bAFsCt
Logged

usmivkata

  • Coppermine newbie
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15
Re: Restoring old gallery in Bulgarian Cyrillic
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2015, 07:05:00 pm »

Quite despaired now, things are going rather worse.

I reloaded everything many times now, however this error appears right away, from the start. Any idea how to fix it?

On top of all previous problems mainly with the Cyrillic when I click to open a picture now I get:

Critical error
There was an error while processing a database query
Logged

Αndré

  • Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • *****
  • Country: de
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 15760
Re: Restoring old gallery in Bulgarian Cyrillic
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2015, 09:00:35 pm »

Please enable debug mode to get an extended error message.
Logged

usmivkata

  • Coppermine newbie
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15
Re: Restoring old gallery in Bulgarian Cyrillic
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2015, 10:03:26 pm »

This helped, the cpg_hit_stats table was missing, its all there now. Will try to update and convert again and see if it goes better.

Do you recommend converting first and than updating or the other way around?
Logged

Αndré

  • Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • *****
  • Country: de
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 15760
Re: Restoring old gallery in Bulgarian Cyrillic
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2015, 09:08:49 am »

I assume converting before updating is better, but I never had to deal with that issue, so I may be wrong.
Logged

usmivkata

  • Coppermine newbie
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15
Re: Restoring old gallery in Bulgarian Cyrillic
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2015, 04:07:03 pm »

I must say huge thanks to all who helped. All your advices were spot on. The additional troubles came from the missing cpg_hit_stats table. Once there, it was all working fine. Shall have thought earlier about this :(
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
 

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.