Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Watermark removal  (Read 2659 times)

eac67gt

• Coppermine newbie
Watermark removal
« on: July 08, 2015, 11:32:06 pm »

I had originally set system to watermark the photos. The family, on our family photo gallery, does not want the watermark. Now I have lots of pics uploaded and they have a watermark on them. The question is how do I remove the watermark from these photos without re-uploading the photos?
Thanks for your help!
Ed

allvip

• Coppermine addict
Re: Watermark removal
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 12:01:24 am »

The intermediare picture is normal_image.jpg, the thumnails is thumb_image.jpg and the full size (pop up) is image.jpg. orig_image.jpg is created only when you use the watermark. Is a backup for you when you decide not to use the watermark anymore.

If you still have all the orig_image.jpg on your server then:
1) Co to config - Image watermarking - Watermark images and disable it.
2) Go to Files - Admin tools - click Update thumbs and/or resized photos - click one of the option (example Only resized pictures if you watermarked only the intermediare picture) - Select Album - choose an album from the drop down menu - click sumbit.
You can choose All Albums, but if you have too many photos in your gallery Admin Tools won't work. Will time out during the process.
I don't know if you watermarked all images including thumbnails and intermediare picture or just the full size image (pop up image)
3) I don't know what version of coppermine you use. If you use the latest version 1.5.36 then you need to apply this http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,78212.msg378656.html#msg378656.
There is an error in util.php and Admin Tools don't work.

Make sure to update first to cpg 1.5.36 for Admin Tools to work then apply http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,78212.msg378656.html#msg378656.
You also should update for security reasons.

eac67gt

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Watermark removal
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 11:53:17 am »

Thank you very much. I am fairly new to this a your instructions worked perfectly.
Have a great day!
Ed
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.