Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I can't insert some of the pictures, weird bugs  (Read 7124 times)

Phalanx

• Coppermine novice
I can't insert some of the pictures, weird bugs
« on: July 09, 2004, 07:37:49 pm »

Hi,

I have a problem trying to insert some of the image from a batch-add, well the problem is not that I can't insert them, it's that alot of the images won't show like they suppose to. I think this problem has to do with the existing image from folders1 that cause folders2 not showing up. Example I have the two folder setup as follow in ftp all chmod at 777:

albums/cars1
albums/cars2

In cars1 folder:
I have images name as number in sequence order, ex: 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

now in cars2 folder i have the exact same naming sequence 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

I was thinking how would this inteferre if they are from two different folder? But it seem to does. If you're asking me, why not just rename the .jpg, well i can't because i already have alot of such gallery with this naming conventions. So what I'm looking for is a solutions that would just let me see the picture as it's suppose to so I can insert them. If you understand the problem and have any solution to fix this, I would gladly appreciated it. Thanks in advance.

Evan

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: I can't insert some of the pictures, weird bugs
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2004, 11:21:26 pm »

This naming scheme is perfectly ok, I use a similar one on my homepage without problems. I think the problem lies somewhere else. What error messages do you get when batch-adding. Post a link as well...

GauGau

Phalanx

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2004, 11:30:40 pm »

There isn't any error per se with the batch-add, more like a bug or an issue with coppermine, that won't display image to be insert in batch-add that is already were in previous albums from same category.

You can do a test run, and you can see what I mean.

For example, lets say from same category, you have 2 albums. In each of the albums you have two exact same .jpg name. The first one will allow you to batch-add that pic, but the second album that pic will refuse to show up. It seem like coppermine detect the picture were previously add and won't allow you to batch-add picture again with the same name.

Is there anyway to fix in the code? that will allow coppermine show up all pic in any albums no matter what for batch-add? I know this is long but the problem is kinda odd. I really need help on this as I don't know what else to do with this bunch of album I have, many with same name.   >:(

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2004, 11:37:12 pm »

Post screenshots of your batch-add that fails.

GauGau

Phalanx

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2004, 11:57:55 pm »

As said there isn't any error with it when batch-add. The picture just won't want show to add. Period. I'm not sure if this is a bugs or a feature of CPG I'm not aware of.

This is the shot of batch-add of an album as mention, that contains .jpg with same name as other albums. Some reason CPG won't allow it to show up. And I need it to.

Doesn't say much but here's the screen:

http://www.japanation.com/cpg.jpg

You can see, nothing show up, as the naming convention of .jpg i have in this directory is the exact same image name I have in other directory. Hope you can help.

Evan

Phalanx

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2004, 03:16:35 am »

Anyone have a similar problems who manage to fix can help? Please post. Thanks.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2004, 08:54:16 am »

OK, posting this screenshot did help: you're using the nuke version of coppermine! This board is dedicated to the standalone version. For support on the nuked version, go to http://www.nukephotogallery.com/

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.