Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Click Topic solved button if you found your answer  (Read 18129 times)

allvip

• Coppermine addict
Click Topic solved button if you found your answer
« on: April 18, 2015, 10:15:43 am »

Nobody is clicking the TOPIC SOLVED button so I will make this a sticky thread. Is at the bottom of the page (bottom of the thread you started): see attachment.

Board rules / Forum policies Reply #17 http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,55415.msg270631.html#msg270631

Resolve your threads
If you have found an answer to your question, resolve your thread. Don't just post "I have found the answer", but tell others what you actually did to solve your issues. Posting a link to the page where you found the answer might help. Describing what you did might help as well. Finally, you can tag your thread as "solved" by clicking on the "Topic Solved" button on the bar at the left hand side at the bottom of your thread.

allvip

• Coppermine addict
Re: Click Topic solved button if you found your answer
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 10:26:13 am »

don't expect further support if you don't play by the rules.

allvip

• Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 10:36:11 am »

I also notice users that don't answer back to coppermine supporters that took time to help them. That's not very nice. Please answer back and say if the answer worked or not for you.

Other very important rules:

6. Use a meaningfull subject line
When posting on a support board, it's very likely that you need help, as much as everyone else who looks for help there, so don't use subject like "Help me please" or "Newbie needs help". Other "bad" subject lines are "Important", "I have a little question" etc.
Instead, use a short phrase that describes your problem - this will make things easier for supporters as well as other users who might encounter a similar problem and browse the board for relevant postings.

7. Be detailed
Post as many details as possible on the issue you're facing; for a start, you should post a link to your gallery and a test user account (without admin privileges). If the page in question can't be accessed by "regular" users (e.g. admin pages), post a screenshot.

There is a thin line between posting as much details as possible and cluttering a thread with too many unneeded details. Only post debug_output if a supporter explicitely asks for it.
Posting a link to your gallery is always mandatory.

Read all board rules http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?index.php/topic,55415.0.html

allvip

• Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 11:04:35 am »

If nobody is answering your question is because:

1. Nobody is online
2. They need time to find the solution
3. They don't know the answer (they don't have a solution)

Don't forget to search the forum before posting. Maybe someone already asked the same question and found the solution.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.