Support > cpg1.5 plugin contributions

Email Comments Plugin for CPG 1.5.x

(1/4) > >>

gmc:
This plugin adds the ability to email comments left in the gallery to the photo owner, and optionally to others that have commented on the same photo.
The message sent is configurable, as is the option to embed the thumbnail photo in the email.
Sample email content is displayed on configuration page reflecting the current settings.
Emails are sent when the comment is left if no approval is needed - or when approved if approval is required.
View the 'readme' at: http://greggallery.gmcdesign.com/plugins/email_comments/readme.php

You need at least cpg1.5.28 to install/use this plugin - as the plugin action points used were added in that release.

This plugin is based on requests/ideas/code/information in this thread: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,71072.0.html

Comments welcome... (pun intended...  :) )

Thanks!
Greg (gmc)

V1.1 added:
   Corrected detection of owner reported by cmfa (wrong prefix used in message)
   - message: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,78163.msg378160.html#msg378160
    Added option to use persons username in constructed email to individually address
    - token {username} can be used in email_owner, email_author, and email_textx fields on config page
    - updated picture of config for non-coppermine viewing (most of the size difference)

lurkalot:
Greg, I just installed it on my site.  Must say you've done a great job on this, looks fantastic. (Big thumbs up)

Been waiting for this plugin to come for a long time, and no more editing files each time I update the gallery.

Thank you so much.

I'll see how my members get on with it, and report back.

cmfa:
hi,
good work,
"plugin_email_comments_owner" is not sent to me.
Had it been set up in the db_input the admin is also informed of comments, this is possible with the plugin and the author of the image can be addressed by name.

cmfa

gmc:

--- Quote from: lurkalot on April 17, 2015, 08:32:27 am ---Greg, I just installed it on my site.  Must say you've done a great job on this, looks fantastic. (Big thumbs up)

Been waiting for this plugin to come for a long time, and no more editing files each time I update the gallery.

Thank you so much.

I'll see how my members get on with it, and report back.

--- End quote ---

lurkalot,
You're welcome... glad you like it. let me know how it goes...

--- Quote from: cmfa on April 17, 2015, 09:33:19 am ---hi,
good work,
"plugin_email_comments_owner" is not sent to me.
Had it been set up in the db_input the admin is also informed of comments, this is possible with the plugin and the author of the image can be addressed by name.

cmfa

--- End quote ---

cmfa,
 "plugin_email_comments_owner" causes email to be sent to the owner of the picture the comment was left for. (of course must be a valid email attached to the owner in the users table (cpg or bridged). 
There is already a config option "Notify admin of comments by email" in core code that will send email to the admin - so I didn't duplicate that in the plugin.  They will work together to add email notification to the gallery admin.
(or is there something this doesn't do?)

I can certainly get the name of the person to address the email too if that is what you are looking for...  possible in both standalone and bridged galleries.  Very simple change...

Let me see if there are other suggestions before I post v1.1... :)

Greg

cmfa:
hi grec,

see picture attached

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version