Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Original, Intermediate and thumb problem  (Read 2317 times)

JohannM

• Coppermine frequent poster
Original, Intermediate and thumb problem
« on: March 21, 2015, 05:48:44 pm »

Hi there

Originaly the prefix for Normal is normal_ and original is orig_ and thumbnails is thumb_ ... in core files and mysql.

My filenames all start with J .... e.g.  J034-0001.jpg. In my case this file is in fact the "intermediate" file about 527 x 350 pix.
The thumb is thumb_J034-0001.jpg

My problem now is, that I get more and more requests for the original size ( 3500 x 2400 pix for example), but I am hosting almost 1.6 million photos.

So, what can I do to upload the "bigger" picture and where and what script need I to fix if I want to call this file big_J034-0001.jpg for example, and have a certain user group to click the intermediate pic to open the bigger one ?

I dont want to re-apload all my photos and galleries.

Any suggestions ?

Thanx in advance.

gmc

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • GMC Design Photo Gallery
Re: Original, Intermediate and thumb problem
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 01:32:27 am »

You didn't provide a link to your gallery - so I am making some assumptions...
orig_ files only exist if you are using watermarking. I am assuming you aren't using this option.

Since your 'real' filenames are the intermediate size, at some point 'Admin Tools' were used to 'Delete original size photos' (which would rename normal_ to the 'real' filename.)

I see 2 options for the photos you want to have the full size version available:
1) rename the base photos to normal_ in the filesystem and ftp upload the full sized version with 'real' filename. There is no provided utility to perform the filesystem renames for this.
2) ftp upload the full sized version (overlaying the reduced size) and use 'Admin Tools' to 'Update thumbs and/or resized photos' and select 'Only resized pictures'. (You can do this by album..

In the 'Group Manager' you can set access level by group for who can see the full-sized image.

I don't see any need for database updates, as CPG creates/looks for all the prefixed names dynamically creating names from the base (real) filename.

Either of those sound workable?
Of course a backup first is always a good idea.

Greg
Thanks!
Greg
My Coppermine Gallery
Need a web hosting account? See my gallery for an offer for CPG Forum users.
Send me money

JohannM

• Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 09:25:26 am »

Hi gmc

Thanx so much for your reply.

I did manage to figure out how to do it in the meantime, but what you have said is totally correct.

I did not use the watermark system on cpg, since I have two different watermarks.

I used HSS via putty and used a unix command to rename the normal pictures to normal_filename.

I then uoploaded the original sized photos, and with Admin tools did the function where you update the file dimensions. That helped.

Thanx again.

allvip

• Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 10:40:37 pm »

Board rules / Forum policies http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?index.php/topic,55415.0.html  Reply #17

Resolve your threads
If you have found an answer to your question, resolve your thread. Don't just post "I have found the answer", but tell others what you actually did to solve your issues. Posting a link to the page where you found the answer might help. Describing what you did might help as well. Finally, you can tag your thread as "solved" by clicking on the "Topic Solved" button on the bar at the left hand side at the bottom of your thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.