Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Creates duplicates with batch-add  (Read 26489 times)

Yasmin86

• Coppermine novice
Creates duplicates with batch-add
« on: March 08, 2015, 01:10:28 pm »

I've been adding -a lot- of files to my new gallery over the weekend, and last night and this morning I suddenly ran into a new problem with my last couple of albums: When I batch-add files, it creates duplicates. They aren't duplicates via my FTP, and the album they go into is empty.

Example album with duplicates: http://www.ryanpaeveynet.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=84 Originally I uploaded about 95 files or so via FTP, but as you can see, the album now contains 165. I even unchecked the ones that had the DP icon before adding them to the album during batch-add, but they still seem to have made it. (I also get the radar icon on some)

I made a test account:
name: tester
password: tester

Deleting one of the duplicates (say one of the two "099.jpg") doesn't help, it deletes them both.  I set the "default upload method" to "simple" and tried uploading 099.jpg (renamed it 099-test.jpg) again and it worked no problem.

I created a test album as the troubleshooter asks, and even that duplicated. Uploaded a small image with the test user and it worked fine.

Thanks in advance for any help, hope I did everything right!

Yasmin86

• Coppermine novice
Re: Creates duplicates with batch-add
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 02:46:00 pm »

Am I not getting any help because I did something wrong in my post or because nobody can actually help me? My problem still persists, unfortunately  :-\

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 10:16:28 am »

Have you added a keyword to that album? If so, that's probably intended behavior of the album keyword feature (have a look at the docs for more information).

Yasmin86

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 02:27:16 pm »

I haven't added any myself, but it says 'admin' there as default (can't remove it, it just pops back up)

(http://i58.tinypic.com/15prcdh.jpg)

When I click Keyword Manager it shows nothing.

(http://i61.tinypic.com/30nj7sy.jpg)

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 09:13:55 pm »

Please have a look at that thread: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,77686.msg375519.html#msg375519

A user already had the same issue. It turned out to be a browser cache issue. Please delete the album keyword from the affected album(s), clear your browser cache and check again if the album keyword has been removed and if the "duplicates" don't exist anymore.

Yasmin86

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 04:30:06 pm »

Thanks! I swear I searched before I posted, but that post didn't come up. I see they didn't use the same words as I did though.

Anyway, I cleared my cache and uploaded three albums, and all is good so far! Seems to have solved the problem, thanks a lot - eternally grateful!

Yasmin86

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 11:01:59 pm »

Ok. I've uploaded lots of albums all day and it's been fine, but now it's back again. And there are no keywords this time. I even cleared my cache again and tried right after, but it still happened :(

allvip

• Coppermine addict
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2015, 11:16:00 pm »

Do you use album keyords in Album properties?
If an album has a keywords (let's say dress) then all the images that have the keyword dress will show up in that album and in the original album (the album that contains the image).

allvip

• Coppermine addict

Yasmin86

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2015, 11:25:06 pm »

Nope. And I just looked back at the other albums, and now one of them has duplicates, which did not happen when I batch added them, as with the others. Very, very strange.

allvip

• Coppermine addict
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2015, 11:36:22 pm »

This link gives me an error. Can you post an album link with duplicates:  http://www.ryanpaeveynet.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=84

Yasmin86

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2015, 11:38:36 pm »

I deleted the two that gave me duplicates while batch adding (I can do it again if it helps you?). But this is the one where duplicates occured -after- I already, successfully, uploaded everything: http://ryanpaeveynet.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=106

(Btw, appreciate all the help!)

allvip

• Coppermine addict
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2015, 12:13:37 am »

The files have the same name and they are in the same folder. Is not possible for two files with the same name to be in the same folder. Is clear that you don't have duplicates on your server.

I made a test on my gallery and I can not upload and image already uploaded with batch add in another album but I can uplod it in the same album. Maybe you

allvip

• Coppermine addict
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2015, 12:23:59 am »

Maybe you shoud upgrade. Is very easy and could solve your problem: http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/upgrading.htm

Yasmin86

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2015, 12:53:07 am »

Maybe I what? Yes their names are the same because they're duplicates? They weren't when I uploaded them.

I'm trying again, and when I made a new album just now, it also duplicated. Right there in the Album Manager (as I was changing the order of the albums it duplicated.)

I uploaded pictures to this new, empty album, and got the duplicate icon on a lot of them again when batch adding (see attachment). This is the album: http://ryanpaeveynet.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=116

As for update: I have 1.5.34. Isn't that the most recent version?

allvip

• Coppermine addict
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2015, 12:57:04 am »

Both images have the same name (i002.jpg), show in the same folder (albums/television/general hospital/2015/january/january 5) but they show twice in the same album (January 5, 2015) . Plus they have diffrent image pid: 5325 and 5325.

Maybe you shoud upgrade.
The tester acount is no use. In coppermine only the admin of the gallery can upload via batch add.

allvip

• Coppermine addict
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2015, 01:03:16 am »

As for update: I have 1.5.34. Isn't that the most recent version?

Yes, but the upgrade will overwrite all coppermine core files and can fix your issue.
I use batch add and I never seen a think like that.

Yasmin86

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2015, 01:09:01 am »

Yeah, it's weird, because I have two other Coppermine galleries (one I've had for 4 years) and I've never experienced this problem before on either of those. Thanks for your help.

Yasmin86

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2015, 01:10:17 am »

(By the way, I originally posted it here in uploads but I think André moved it to misc. Just FYI).

allvip

• Coppermine addict
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2015, 01:43:38 am »

Did you edited core coppermine files?
I'm a trusted coppermine member. Can I login as an admin so I can batch add files. You can change your password after I finish.
First you have to create an album in the albums directory like January 6 and upload some pics.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.