Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creates duplicates with batch-add  (Read 26487 times)

allvip

• Coppermine addict
Re: Creates duplicates with batch-add
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2015, 08:33:05 pm »

Oh, ok, good. Lol. I can add you to the authorized contacts list so you can receive support.

No, no. This one was just one time thing.
You can always contact them. They respond very fast.

BTW: You said that is not http://www.hostdime.com/. Is Surpass. That means I contact it the wrong host?

allvip

• Coppermine addict
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2015, 08:41:12 pm »

Even Surpass has Live Chat. Contact them and they will help you with your error and even how to use FileZilla after you install it or how to overwrite files in your file manager and anyting you need.

Yasmin86

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2015, 08:53:28 pm »

Yeah, I have Surpass for all my domains, never had anything else. But you did something right since they contacted me about you contacting them though? I just wrote them back on the ticket explaining the initial error with the directory and everything.

allvip

• Coppermine addict
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2015, 09:17:10 pm »

I've tried installing FileZilla 4 times now, restarted my laptop and everything, but it freezes here every time. Man, I'm just having bad luck all around....

Did you downloaded the right FileZilla?
If you have MAC OS not Windows then on this page https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?show_all=1 download the MAC version.

Yasmin86

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2015, 09:18:51 pm »

I got this reply:

Looking into the gallery/ directory on your account I can see that the include/ subdirectory has incorrect 777 permissions. These permissions can cause the directory to become inaccessible or non-editable. It is possible that the update process you are attempting is failing when attempting to modify this directory due to its permissions.

I have repaired the permissions on your account, and recommend that you attempt the update process again. If you have any further issues, or further questions, please feel free to contact us again.

When I set up the gallery I contacted Surpass to have them set the right permissions for me as directed by the Coppermine installation guide..

Yes, I downloaded the right FileZilla. I tried the regular one and from the "more download options".

allvip

• Coppermine addict
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2015, 09:27:03 pm »

CuteFTP http://www.cuteftp.com/trial.aspx is very good.
I used myself. The trail is fully functional for 30 days.

allvip

• Coppermine addict
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2015, 09:52:02 pm »

When I set up the gallery I contacted Surpass to have them set the right permissions for me as directed by the Coppermine installation guide..

I never ask my host to set permissions and I had 3 diffrent hosts.
When you install coppermine if at step 3 everything is like in my screenshoot, then coppermine will work fine.

See all steps here: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,77959.0.html

allvip

• Coppermine addict
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2015, 10:00:43 pm »

I forgot IMPORTANT: the include folder has config.inc.php.
If you delete that then you will cry. Do not delete the entire include folder.

Yasmin86

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2015, 10:22:33 pm »

yeah....  I already did. I downloaded it to my desktop before I started though. Or will that not help?

You know what, I'm thisclose to just giving up and deleting the gallery all together. This is a little demotivating :( You think deleting it and re-installing will make it better the second time around? I still have every file in the gallery located either on my laptop or on another server (in another gallery) so I won't lose anything, and it'd be a bit of a bitch to re-upload everything but not the end of the world.

(Can't tell you enough how I appreciate your help though, you and André are both sweethearts for having patience with me!)

allvip

• Coppermine addict
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2015, 10:33:53 pm »

yeah....  I already did. I downloaded it to my desktop before I started though. Or will that not help?

GREAT. That will work.

You know what, I'm thisclose to just giving up and deleting the gallery all together.

No. Just do like I said at Reply #26. Maybe the include folder had the right permissions. Was not deletable because config.inc.php.

Set permissions on the "albums" and "include" folders in your Coppermine directory (permissions to 755 or 777, depending on your server config) http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/install.htm#how_permissions
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 11:42:23 pm by allvip »

Yasmin86

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2015, 10:24:57 pm »

Ok, so I've been uploading for about two days now, and so far so good! That little green check mark is a thing of beauty.

It let me upload without problems for a bit last time too before it suddenly started again so I won't count my chickens yet, but it's looking good! :) Can't thank you enough, guys!

Yasmin86

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2015, 06:01:09 pm »

Everything was fine up until just now... I think I'm gonna cry. lol. I'm so over this problem.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Re: Creates duplicates with batch-add
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2015, 08:52:56 pm »

I suggest to
1. Download your whole gallery and database to your local computer and check if the issue also occurs there.
2. Install a second test gallery on your server and and check if the issue also occurs there.

Yasmin86

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2015, 12:48:18 am »

Sorry for the long vacation, but I'm back and ready to figure this out again I guess..

André:
1. With option 1, do I have to download the entire albums folder as well? It's over 4GB by now.. Or can I use an empty one from the newest version I just downloaded?
2. Option 2, do I have to use new databases or the same as in the first gallery?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2015, 02:36:26 pm »

1. Please download the whole albums directory. Usually you could also use an empty directory, but usually batch-add also don't create duplicates ;) As a side effect you'll also have a local backup, which is always a good idea.

2. Please test both.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2015, 11:26:37 am »

As the problem occurs randomly, I wasn't able to reproduce it in Yasmin's gallery. Instead, I wrote 2 scripts to check for dupes and remove them from the database. Anyone with the same issue, please download the attached zip file, upload its content to your gallery root directory and visit check_dupes.php with your browser, while logged in as gallery admin.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.