Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batch-add issue: photos are a duplicate  (Read 5816 times)

Manutjee

• Coppermine regular visitor
Batch-add issue: photos are a duplicate
« on: February 15, 2015, 10:03:30 pm »

Hi!

I've been having this issue that I cannot solve.
When I batch-add a certain album, I get the notification that the files that I want to add, are a duplicate which means they are already in the database.
Unfortunately, I can't find where those photos are stored, since the album where they're suppose to go is empty, and I really want to add those photos.
How can I solve this?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Batch-add issue: photos are a duplicate
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 10:32:59 am »

Please post a link to your gallery and some more information about the files you want to add (file path and file names, screenshots, anything that might help).

Manutjee

Re: Re: Batch-add issue: photos are a duplicate
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 12:56:27 pm »

Please post a link to your gallery and some more information about the files you want to add (file path and file names, screenshots, anything that might help).

Totally didn't think of that...

Here are a few links:
Photogallery: http://teenwolfonline.org/photos/
Folder they need to go in: http://teenwolfonline.org/photos/thumbnails.php?album=506

As I've mentioned earlier; the files are uploaded, they just won't go into the desired folder, because the database recognizes the photos, and tells me that they're already there. Well, they clearly are not in the desired folder - they're only uploaded; ready to be batch-added but it won't let me batch-add them, and I have no clue where the files that are being recognised by CPG are stored...

Screenshots are in the attachments. :)

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Batch-add issue: photos are a duplicate
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 08:18:49 pm »

As you splitted your screenshot, it's not clear what exactly they should show.

- cpgissue_a.png shows the files on your server.
- cpgissue_b.png displays the radar icon. When do they appear? Please hover over the icon to get more information.
- cpgissue_c.png lists the files in the batch-add interface. As none is selected, you probably already have added them to a different album.
- cpgissue_d.png displays the dupe icon. I assume they appear if you manually select the files and try to add them to the desired album.
- cpgissue_e.png displays the edit files page, without any files.

You could use search.php to search for the file names. But as you've a lot of pictures with that file name, you'll get a few hundred results. As no thumbnail images exist in that folder, you could search for pictures with missing thumbnails. Or even better, use a tool like phpMyAdmin and search the pictures table for the file path "uploads/cast/Gage_Golightly/Events_and_Appearances/2012/May_23_Teen_Wolf_Premiere_Screening/".

Manutjee

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 04:36:10 pm »

As you splitted your screenshot, it's not clear what exactly they should show.

- cpgissue_a.png shows the files on your server.
- cpgissue_b.png displays the radar icon. When do they appear? Please hover over the icon to get more information.
- cpgissue_c.png lists the files in the batch-add interface. As none is selected, you probably already have added them to a different album.
- cpgissue_d.png displays the dupe icon. I assume they appear if you manually select the files and try to add them to the desired album.
- cpgissue_e.png displays the edit files page, without any files.

You could use search.php to search for the file names. But as you've a lot of pictures with that file name, you'll get a few hundred results. As no thumbnail images exist in that folder, you could search for pictures with missing thumbnails. Or even better, use a tool like phpMyAdmin and search the pictures table for the file path "uploads/cast/Gage_Golightly/Events_and_Appearances/2012/May_23_Teen_Wolf_Premiere_Screening/".

Ah, finally! I'm getting somewhere with this.
I couldn't show you any more information because that's all I got. Hovering over it doesn't give me anything, but I do know what that duplicate icon stands for, so that way I knew what it was, I just didn't/don't know to which album they're added, 'cause you said so yourself, and I quote "As none is selected, you probably already have added them to a different album".

And because of that, no files were added - because when I manually select them, it says that no files were added.
I'm gonna search for the path and try the methods you've mentioned above, and I will let you know if I was able to find them or not.
Thanks for taking the time to help me out!

Manutjee

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2015, 04:46:05 pm »

Ah, finally! I'm getting somewhere with this.
I couldn't show you any more information because that's all I got. Hovering over it doesn't give me anything, but I do know what that duplicate icon stands for, so that way I knew what it was, I just didn't/don't know to which album they're added, 'cause you said so yourself, and I quote "As none is selected, you probably already have added them to a different album".

And because of that, no files were added - because when I manually select them, it says that no files were added.
I'm gonna search for the path and try the methods you've mentioned above, and I will let you know if I was able to find them or not.
Thanks for taking the time to help me out!

Solved by using the phpMyAdmin tool - which I never thought of... Thank you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 20 queries.