Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Duplicating Albums  (Read 3021 times)

apie

• Coppermine newbie
Duplicating Albums
« on: February 09, 2015, 07:54:33 pm »

I need to duplicate some of my albums.  What would be the easiest way to accomplish this task.

Here is what I am trying to accomplish.

I use the album as a catalog for items we offer for sale.
I want to have one user group see one set of albums and the other user group see a different set of albums which are a duplicate of the 1st set.
The only difference between the original set of albums and the duplicate set would be the price listed with the picture.

I tried playing around with keywords but it uses the text from the original file in the 2nd album.  Is there a way around that?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Duplicating Albums
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 08:35:23 pm »

The easiest way would be to create some new albums and upload the pictures a second times to your gallery. This is probably not the answer you wanted, right? ;)

Of course you could also copy some of the albums and pictures directly in your MySQL database (which means that there will be more than one database entry for the copied pictures), but you'll probably get trouble when you delete a file in one album, as I expect that Coppermine will also delete the picture from your server, which results in the well-known "trash can / file not found" icon.

If the only difference is the displayed price, there's probably a better way. I think a modification which searches for a specific symbol in a specific field could solve that quite easily. To be detailed, here an example. Let's say you add your price in the custom user field 1. It currently probably looks like
EUR 1.23

With the mod I have in mind, you will be able to add a second price, which will be displayed for a specific user group, which could look like
EUR 1.23|EUR 3.21

The mod will find the separator (a pipe in my example) and displays one of the prices to one or more user groups and will display the other price for the rest.

apie

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 09:28:07 pm »

Thanks Andre.

I was hoping there was a feature I wasn't aware of that would automate the process but it looks like I have to do it manually.

That mod idea sounds interesting but it's not something I know how to do.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 08:22:36 pm »

automate the process

Of course it could be automated, if you're talking about something like "20% off for user group xy". You need to be as detailed as possible if you want the best solution for your needs.

apie

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Re: Duplicating Albums
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 11:03:29 pm »

Of course it could be automated, if you're talking about something like "20% off for user group xy". You need to be as detailed as possible if you want the best solution for your needs.

I was referring to duplicating the albums being automated but I see what you're saying.

The current prices are our wholesale pricing.  So the pricing for group xy would be higher.  Most of the items for group XY would be a flat price and it's price would be based on whether it's a shirt, dress, or 2 piece outfit.  There would be a few pieces that wouldn't fit in that model and would need custom pricing but I could duplicate those items as the need arrives since it's not many.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Re: Duplicating Albums
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 09:18:37 pm »

I don't know your gallery and with the current available information I cannot determine if there's sufficient data to "automate" the price for the other user group. Should I proceed with the mod I mentioned initially?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.