Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Original file size - mid size problem  (Read 4825 times)

alebambi81

• Coppermine newbie
Original file size - mid size problem
« on: October 30, 2014, 09:44:32 pm »

Hello,
I'm using Coppermine since 2005 with good results but I never managed to find a solution to this problem:

now I upload resized images @ 1024x768 (which was a good compromise 9 years ago) but I would like to upload them at full resolution (now 4896x3672).
The problem is that when I upload those big images the thumbs are created properly but if you click on it then Coppermine shows the image at the full resoluzion and you have to scroll the screen up/down and left/right to see all the picture. This solution isn't usable.

I would like to upload the pictures at the full resolution but to have a mid-resized image (possibly automatic generated by Coppermine) and to show the full resolution image only if you click on it or if you select a link (i.e. full resolution or view original image).

Is it possible with Coppermine?
What should I do to rebuild my picture's db with the original size images?
Thank you!!

Alessandro - Italy

alebambi81

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Original file size - mid size problem
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 10:17:44 pm »

Ok, I found how to manage it for the new albums:
I upload the full size picture then I enabled create intermediate image with the proper settings.

Now I'd like to upload again all the old album's pictures in full size and automatically create the mid-size image but I don't want to lose all the information regarding the image (comments, views...)

I'm thinking to ovrwrite all the pictures but then? How can I rebuild all??

Thanks!

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 10:40:15 pm »

Use the Admin Tools menu selections.

(example if using Curve or similar themes: Files >> Admin tools >> Update thumbs and/or resized photos)

The routines will have effects only on the image files.

Do not forget to first select/set the size of the intermediate images in Config >> File settings  >> Max width or height of an intermediate picture *

Please, in the future, post a link to your Coppermine when asking for support - thanks

alebambi81

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 11:36:48 pm »

Hello Joe,
thanks for the suggestions!
Thanks to you I found how to replace the old smaller photos with the original ones and rebuilding all the thumbs and intermediate images (I'm still upload the pictures, they're about 20GB in size and I hope the batch thumbs/intermediates rebuild of all the albums will not crash).

I noticed that when I click on an image (the intermediate one) the browser opens a new windows with the original file, resized to fit into the windows.
Usually if I click a resized image I have the image at 100% (so it goes out of the screen and I can move the scrollbars to move the picture) while with Coppermine if I click I close the window (if I want to see it I have to download and open it with an image viewer).
Is it possible to change this option or this is how it is supposed to be (not a big problem but it seems strange to me)?

2nd and last ;)
I uploaded one album without creating a folder in the ftp as for the other albums and now I have all the files in the USERPICS folder.
I would like to move the files to the proper folder structure or to reassign all the comments/views to another folder.
The files will have the same name.
Is it possible?

Thank you :)

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 01:25:23 am »

You're welcome - can you please mark the topic as solved? (as your original issue has been addressed)

For number 1, it is somewhat related, so to restore the large pop-ups, use this plugin:

Big Pop-Up Images (no resize for fullsize) v1.0 

For number 2, please open a new thread/topic. I don't have an immediate answer and by the
Board rules / Forum policies: (One Question per Thread)
, it is required.

alebambi81

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 08:49:33 am »

Hi Joe,
thanks for the tip, I found how to enable/disable the Big Popup plugin, it works similar to what I expected.
My Gallery is here
www.campodelsole.net/cds
I'd prefer to open the image in a new windows like this
http://www.campodelsole.net/cds/albums/Scan/Elisa/1996/18.jpg
so the image is the full quality picture but automatically resized to fit the user's windows size and if I click on it then the browser shows the picture at 100%.
With Coppermine I have this:
http://www.campodelsole.net/cds/displayimage.php?album=45&pid=4590#top_display_media
and if I click on the image I have a new window but I cannot see it at 100% because if I click on it the browser closes the windows.
With the Big Popup plugin I have  the image opened at 100% but I cannot see it resized to fit the screen.

Regarding the 2nd question I found the Movefolder plugin and I fixed it :)

(I didn't find how to mark the post as solved...  :-[)

Thanks!!

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2014, 08:29:08 pm »

Marking as solved.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.