Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installing on separate drive doesnt work  (Read 4462 times)

Bass.m

• Coppermine newbie
Installing on separate drive doesnt work
« on: October 15, 2014, 02:12:03 pm »

Hello, folks,this is driving me nuts, and I will be thankful for any and every hint:

cpg 1.5.30 on windows inside a virtual machine using XAMPP. When trying to configure cpg for the first time I get an "invalid URL path" error.

This is the setting: XAMPP is located on c:\xampp. Coppermine (and a few other Services, two Mediawiki installs among other things) is located in N:\Coppermine.  Apache is set up for several virtual hosts, among them is this one:

NameVirtualHost 127.0.0.1:80
<VirtualHost 127.0.0.1>
  ServerName Bilder
  DocumentRoot "N:/Coppermine"
         <Directory "N:/Coppermine">
            Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes ExecCGI
            AllowOverride All
            Order allow,deny
            Allow from all
           Require all granted
        </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

Everything works fine, including the two wikis, which are accessible through their own virtual hosts-entrys. I went through Copermines install wizard with no problems. logged in as root, went through the initial configuration - and I am stuck with this error.

I have been searching and reading the whole day now. Some forum posts and tutorials say, cpg MUSST be placed inside the apache directory tree, some others say, you can place it where you want. I have checked the permissions. I have tried every path I can think of. I am running out of ideas. Can somebody tell me please what exactly would be the path for keeping cpg in the n:\ drive while keeping the virtual hosts settings?

Thanks in advance

Bass

Maybe I should add: the whole thing will never be placed on a public Web server, so there is no domain. I am making this for a friend, who has an "apple only"-family, which is slighty moving away towards windows. For now, the machine will run inside Parallels and I *think* it's a good idea to keep the system and the data separated.

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Installing on separate drive doesnt work
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 02:31:41 pm »

I can't really address your XAMPP question, but the Apple-only family should know that all they have to do is add MySQL and GD to their Mac and they can run Coppermine without needing Parallels.

I'm also curious as to what the family expects to achieve by running a copy of Coppermine locally.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 03:32:32 pm by ron4mac »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.