Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with flash-media-player  (Read 3728 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

maihol

  • Coppermine newbie
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2
Problems with flash-media-player
« on: October 09, 2014, 05:26:23 pm »

Unfortunately the FlashMediaPlayer plugin refuse to play my video files. Before uploading video files I use ffmeg to reduce size of the files I get from mobile/cameras ( 352x288, x264, aac@24kHz mono in mp4 container). On those files jwplayer comes up with "file could not be played". I tried to convert sound to a more common sample rate @44,1 kHz, but same rusult :( . However, I get strangest results on a file I converted into a flv container. I just get a "file not found" on this .flv and can't see why:

---cut---
maik@work:/var/www/fotos/albums/AbiBallLeo> ls -l New.*
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2569679 Okt  7 12:17 New.flv
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 3368738 Okt  7 12:14 New.mp4
---cut---

Any hint appreciated, TIA.
Logged

ron4mac

  • Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • *****
  • Country: us
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1772
Re: Problems with flash-media-player
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 07:02:13 pm »

I don't have a solution for you, but I think your problem comes from the media player trying to get content at http:/... and your site is not redirecting to https://...
Logged

maihol

  • Coppermine newbie
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2
Solved: Problems with flash-media-player
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 09:47:00 am »

*BIONGO*, big THX.

It was indeed no issue with the plugin. Instead I missed the 's' in cpgs config :(.

I used to run the site under an afaik.org dynDNS account. Unfortunately the domain I used had some issues recently, so I changed it to my own domain where I can control the records. There was plenty to change and while making the changes in cpg I didn't think of apaches http -> https :(.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
 

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.