Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with Upgrading to  (Read 3867 times)

MaryFan72

• Coppermine newbie
Help with Upgrading to
« on: August 18, 2014, 06:53:49 pm »

Hello. I was told that I needed to have my fansite's gallery updated to the latest version in order for my site to have more space (need some new space). Anyway, I have never, ever done the gallery updates for my site, someone else always did it for me but this time they don't want to and told me to do it. I read some of the tutorials posted on the site here, but I'm honestly freaked out I'll mess up the gallery or the theme I have and I do not want that to happen because I doubt I'll be able to fix it by myself.

On my cpanel, when I clicked the phpmyadmin and went to the side to select the files (like it says in the tutorial, the one about the selecting the coppermine ones), which one am I supposed to click? Because for some reason, I have one that says sitename_copp & then when you expand on it it has files that say albums, banned, bridge, users,pictures, plugins, etc. & the other folder that says sitename_copp1 has almost the same thing...so which would I have to save? Both?

My current gallery version is 1.5.24 (stable). Would someone be either to look at cpanel to help me figure this out? Again, total noob and I'd hate to mess something up because I'm not a very tech-savvy person when it comes to this sort of stuff.  :-\

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Help with Upgrading to
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 10:26:42 am »

I don't know your cpanel, but I recommend MySQLDumper (http://www.mysqldumper.net/) to create database backups. If you don't know which database you need to backup, have a look at include/config.inc.php, the row
Code: [Select]
$CONFIG['dbname'] =                         'svn_trunk_cpg15x';        // Your mysql database nametells you the database you need to backup.

Additionally to the database backup, you also need to backup your Coppermine files (e.g. via FTP with e.g. FileZilla).

I don't know which tutorials you've read, but I suggest to use the official upgrade documentation: documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/upgrading.htm
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.