Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changing hit counts  (Read 2500 times)

casp3r

• Coppermine novice
Changing hit counts
« on: July 01, 2014, 01:23:42 pm »

I'm migrating my images from joomgallery (joomla) to Coppermine. I have 4200+ images to move. I can recreate the category and album structure in Coppermine and upload the images. Time consuming I know but has to be done. The images in joomgallery have over 1.6 million hits and I'd like to preserve these hits. Is there any admin tool that will allow me to change the hit count on individual images in Coppermine. I know I can change them to zero. I really don't want to have to go in to the database and make the changes there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance
Michael

Version: 1.5.28

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Changing hit counts
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 01:31:32 pm »

There's no interface to do that. I don't know how the Joomla gallery stores the hits, but I'm sure they can be transferred to the Coppermine database. It all depends on the information the Joomla gallery stores. For example, Coppermine stores data like each file's path and name, which is probably also available in the Joomla gallery. With some knowledge of both database structures it should be a quite simple task to create a script that updates the hit stats of the images in your Coppermine gallery.

casp3r

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 01:36:07 pm »

Hi Αndré
many thanks for the reply. I suspected as much. Would it be possible to edit the editpics.php file to show the hits for each photo and allow me to change them individually? I don't mind doing them this way. Unfortunately don't know enough php/mysql to do this myself so again any help would be very much appreciated.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 01:47:24 pm »

Should be possible. I'll check if this is even possible as a plugin.

casp3r

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 01:50:13 pm »

Again many thanks and I really do appreciate the help.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.