Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Optimazing coppermine  (Read 2763 times)

allvip

• Coppermine addict
Optimazing coppermine
« on: May 29, 2014, 09:27:28 pm »

Because I have a shared host and on a shared host CPU time and MySql time are limited (already reached the limit a few times) I did this:

I deleted everything in theme.php and I edited the functions directly in include/theme.inc.php (I have to edit some functions to have the layout I want).

Is asumed that everytime a users is viewing a page coppermine loads template.html,themes.php,style.css,the images and themes.inc.php so I decided to delete all the functions from theme.php to have a smaller size(1KB).At least this way one of the files loding is smaller (theme.php).

Was that a good ideea?
Did I optimize the page this way (smaller page size and consumes less server resources) ?

The reason I am asking is because I don't like to edit theme.inc.php and I want to know if I went to all that trouble for nothing.I proabilby did not optimize coppermine at all.

allvip

• Coppermine addict
Re: Optimazing coppermine
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 10:09:46 pm »

I already did that on my gallery http://allvip.us/gallery/

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 10:42:09 pm »

It is not recommended but as long as you know what edits you made and can adapt the edits for upgrades it won't be a problem. Not sure if it would improve performance at all, you'd have to do benchmark tests or watch page load times in a dev tool. Even if it does improve, it would probably be minimal. Turn on debug for admin and load a couple pages to see what tasks are taking up resources, then go from there.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 10:56:46 pm by Jeff Bailey »
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford

allvip

• Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 10:51:01 pm »

I will try your recomandations.
Thanks a lot.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 02:16:18 pm »

I won't expect performance improvements, as each theme function is still wrapped in
Code: [Select]
if (!function_exists(...)) {in include/themes.inc.php.

If you define them in theme.php, they get ignored in include/themes.inc.php.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.