Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: better filmstrip  (Read 5637 times)

allvip

• Coppermine addict
better filmstrip
« on: May 27, 2014, 12:49:50 pm »

I can change anything in coppermine to make it look the way I want but not the filmstrip.

1.Anything can be changed to have divs,not the fimstrip.Impossible to make it responsive and all the page is not responsive because of the filmstrip.Even with tables is possible to be responsive but the tumb width is not 100% I think so is not going to have the image width.
2.Impossibe to make it smaller from theme.php.I can make it to show the first five tumbs smaller with a code posted by Andre in a thread.To edit coppermine files is not an option.I want small thums just for one theme plus when I update I have to do it again.
2.Is moving only on thumbnail at a time.Should move all the thumbnails and show the next set (example: the next 5 if you have: Number of items in film strip 5 in config).

Well is just something I like coppermine to have.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: better filmstrip
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 03:10:58 pm »

It is something we all want and has been requested many times. What it will need though is a big re-write of the theme engine, maybe to use twitter bootstrap or something similar. However as we are currently a small team it would take someone to step up to the mark and put in the time and effort to do for 1.6, then to have the community create nice new themes to work with the new engine. Problem is, old themes would suddenly become incompatible without a lot of thought and that would alienate people. It is going to be a difficult decision but I fear the only way to move ahead will be to drop tables in favour of divs everywhere so why not introduce it with a complete new engine. We are always open to contributions from  the community.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

allvip

• Coppermine addict
Re: better filmstrip
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 11:08:30 pm »

I MADE IT.
Solved request number 1 and number 2.

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,77558.0.html

Hope my request number 3 (...move all the thumbnails and show the next set...) will be in cpg1.6

Thanks for the answer Phill.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.