Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reorganizing /gallery/albums/userpics/10001/*.* in folders  (Read 3893 times)

salla74

• Coppermine newbie

Hello,

This issue came up as I wanted to replace pictures in several albums with new ones (I have recently changed the watermark for pictures in a new one).  When I tried to open the /gallery/albums/userpics/10001/ via ftp I can see only about 1998 objcets, while I know I have altogether more than 22,000 pictures in my albums.

I would appreciate very much if somebody could help with:

1. Why can't I see all pictures in the folder?
2. Would it be possible to reorganise pictures in the folder /gallery/albums/userpics/10001/*.* in folders having the names of the albums?

I have been looking around in previous post to find a solution, but couldn't find any.  If there is, I apologize for reposting and will appreciate is someone could indicate the link.

Thanks in advance.
Salla74

gmc

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • GMC Design Photo Gallery
Re: Reorganizing /gallery/albums/userpics/10001/*.* in folders
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 01:09:58 pm »

1. What ftp tool are you using? Do you see different result if you browse with your ISP'S Control Panel file manager?

2. There is a hidden option in 1.5 to add album id to the directory path for userpics - so user 1 adding pics to album 21 will place photos in /albums/userpics/10001/21/picname.jpg for any new pics added.
See plugin at http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,77314.msg373798.html#msg373798 to manage these options.

There are multiple filemove plugins that will let you change locations of existing pics as well. Search the plugins board for those.
Thanks!
Greg
My Coppermine Gallery
Need a web hosting account? See my gallery for an offer for CPG Forum users.
Send me money

salla74

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 02:40:38 pm »

Thanks for the quick reply.

1. I am using CuteFTP.  The same thing from the Control Panel file manager.  I am doing a full backup now of the coppermine gallery to access the pictures.... a pain...

2. Thank you, I will explore this option.  Any idea what's the name of the filemove plugin that can reorganise in folders the existing pictures?  Have not been able to find anything on the plugin board.

Thanks again.

gmc

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • GMC Design Photo Gallery
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 03:22:25 pm »

1. I am using CuteFTP.  The same thing from the Control Panel file manager.  I am doing a full backup now of the coppermine gallery to access the pictures.... a pain...
Typically a control panel file manager will only show the first 1000-2000 files, then give links to move forward... I haven't used CuteFTP to know if it does similar... If the files are all there, you certainly should be able to navigate to them...

2. Thank you, I will explore this option.  Any idea what's the name of the filemove plugin that can reorganise in folders the existing pictures?  Have not been able to find anything on the plugin board.
Try this link For FileMove: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,67661.0.html
(from the cpg1.5 plugin contributions sub board)

In addition to the forum search, many current plugins can be found at:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/coppermine/files/Plugins/1.5.x/
FileMove 1.3 is included at:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/coppermine/files/Plugins/1.5.x/cpg1.5.x_plugin_FileMove_v1.3.zip/download
Thanks!
Greg
My Coppermine Gallery
Need a web hosting account? See my gallery for an offer for CPG Forum users.
Send me money

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 11:35:46 am »

Have you checked if all files should reside in  albums/userpics/10001/? If you used batch-add or another user uploaded pictures to your gallery, they won't be in that directory.

salla74

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 12:58:55 am »

Hello Andre.

Yes, all pictures are in ../10001/ directory.  Probably, they are not displayed given the large number of files (over 60,000, as thumb, intermediate, original).

I came around the problem by creating a backup of that folder and downloaded it via ftp.

However, thanks.

On another note (sorry for posting here) I will appreciate very much if you could given any suggestion regarding the issue raised in: [http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,71844.msg374733.html#msg374733]

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.