Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of exhausted (functions.inc.php)  (Read 4139 times)

rachelstoolbox

• Coppermine newbie

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 94371840 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 80 bytes) in include/functions.inc.php on line 291

The above error occurs anytime an image is selected in the 'Recent Uploads' section, regardless of whether the image is clicked on the homepage or via to menu to specifically display recent uploads. The same images work fine if traced back and opened via the user album. Files upload fine and resize successfully. Thumbnails display properly for uploaded files in the recent upload zones, but clicking to bring up the page always ends in the above error.

I've tried searching the forums but can not find anyone else receiving the same error referring to the same file. Never the less, I have attempted steps from the following without success:

I am currently operating a v1.5.28 (upgraded from v1.4.27) bridged to SMF 1.1 (to be replaced by SMF 2.0 within a week) and have the following plugins in operation:

rachelstoolbox

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of exhausted (functions.inc.php)
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 02:44:44 am »

Unable to attempt editing php.ini as the host currently has it inaccessible.

gmc

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • GMC Design Photo Gallery

A link to your gallery would help in us being able to recreate/view the issue...
(Debug being on would be nice to see the difference in the queries issued between the 2 paths...)

While always a chance there is something unique wrong here, in most cases, additional memory will be required. If your ISP doesn't make php.ini available, you may want to ask them to raise your memory limit. 90M sounds small (90*1024*1024 = 94371840 reported in your message).  I'd expect over 128M... My largest gallery is running with 250M.
greggallery.gmcdesign.com
Thanks!
Greg
My Coppermine Gallery
Need a web hosting account? See my gallery for an offer for CPG Forum users.
Send me money

rachelstoolbox

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of exhausted (functions.inc.php)
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 08:13:48 am »

Got it working for a short time after getting my host to release php.ini for my domain but it required 625mb to do it. Seems awfully high to load a single image and 5 thumbs on the strip since the page of thumbnails loads just fine. 1.4.x always ran fine on the 90mb

The gallery is attached to an adult content site so I can't really link it. Is there anything I can run and post the results to that might help determine what's going on?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

My gallery (83,904 files in 1,302 albums and 157 categories with 26,676 comments) runs fine with a memory limit of 128M. I use a couple of plugins (but none of which you use), don't use the film strip and my gallery is not bridged.

Please post a link to your gallery and add a [NSFW] tag next to it, so we can get an idea how your gallery is structured/set-up and test ourselves.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 20 queries.