Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Information when hovering over image  (Read 4488 times)

scarydeath

• Coppermine newbie
Information when hovering over image
« on: May 08, 2014, 10:11:31 pm »

Hi all,

I have a fairly basic install of Coppermine, no themes etc. and I have noticed that my images are not showing up in Goolgle images.

After doing a little digging, it seems that Google gets its data about the image from the image title html tag. Coppermine seems not to include the title or description in this title tag at all, instead just showing "Filename=... Filesize=... Dimensions=... Date added=..." when I hover over any image. It seems that unless I search Google for "DSC_0001.JPG"

Is there a way to include the title and description in this hover-over? Would I need to install a theme, or change something buried deep in the php files? Am I completely missing the point about Google image search - and I should be doing something else? (My site appears in google itself...). Or maybe my images just aren't worth of a result? Who knows...

I have tried to have a search for help, but throwing search terms such as "Coppermine Image Hover Description" into a search engine just brings back a whole wave of unrelated stuff :-( Any help would be most appreciated!

Thanks,

scarydeath

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Information when hovering over image
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 10:18:31 pm »

I have just realised I have posted this in completely the wrong place. My fault for having two tabs open for the same forum!

Can someone please move it to the "forum.coppermine-gallery.net > Support > cpg1.5.x Support > cpg1.5 themes (visuals)" area?

Cheers,

allvip

• Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 07:33:40 am »

In firefox right click anywhere on the page - click View Page Source and look for <title>...</title>  you can see the ALBUM NAME - FILENAME - Your gallery name.
If you add a title to the image not just description when you upload it you can see that is ALBUM NAME - PICTURE TITLE -Your gallery name.

Google reads the title not the text displayed on hover.

ON the pop up page (full size image) the title is <title>Your gallery name : Click image to close this window</title> only but I think google is not reading from it anyway.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 01:37:54 pm »

Regardless of Google, what you ask for can be achieved in 2 ways:
1. Modify Coppermine core files (include/functions.inc.php - not recommended!)
2. Use the plugin hook(s) thumb_html_title and/or thumb_strip_html_title to modify thumbnail titles

Have a look at that plugin as an example how such a plugin could work. It's quite easy to modify it to your needs if you don't like how it currently works.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.