Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: error message on new install  (Read 4659 times)

Russ_

• Coppermine regular visitor
error message on new install
« on: May 01, 2014, 01:48:47 am »

I have signed up to 5GBfree.com.

I'm testing Coppermine on it. I have manually installed it, that went fine.

When I sign into Coppermine, on every single page at the very bottom it says this:
Fatal error: Unknown: Failed opening required '/usr/share/php/footer.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in Unknown on line 0

I cannot do a batch add either, the radar icons come up next to the file names and the mouse-over text says it can't create the thumbnails or reduced size images and that same error message below it.

Any ideas?

Russ_

Re: error message on new install
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 01:49:57 am »

Russ_

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 04:07:39 am »

oops again, too many http's!  Here: http://www.csphotos.5gbfree.com/gallery/index.php

gmc

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • GMC Design Photo Gallery
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 02:12:12 pm »

Sounds like 2 unrelated issues...

When I sign into Coppermine, on every single page at the very bottom it says this:
Fatal error: Unknown: Failed opening required '/usr/share/php/footer.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in Unknown on line 0
I don't see the error message when visiting your gallery - but you do say 'when signed in'...
If this happens with a NON-ADMIN account, you can post a test account here for us to see...
Please do NOT post admin account credentials.

The message doesn't appear to be from Coppermine as it isn't a path/file Coppermine uses...
Even specifying a 'Custom Footer' to include via Config won't produce that error message if not found.
You may want to ask your ISP about that message/file.  Perhaps is something they are trying to add to your page as a free account.

I cannot do a batch add either, the radar icons come up next to the file names and the mouse-over text says it can't create the thumbnails or reduced size images and that same error message below it.
Please review the doc at http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/upload_troubleshooting.htm... Starting with the first blue box - which would be my best guess at your issue.
If that doesn't resolve it - continue to follow the instructions to try to resolve and gather additional information.
Thanks!
Greg
My Coppermine Gallery
Need a web hosting account? See my gallery for an offer for CPG Forum users.
Send me money

Russ_

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 11:08:46 pm »

Thanks. i did a reasonable amount of research and found the permissions thing. I have set and reset the permissions on the albums (and all sub-dirs and files) and another dir  (which I can't remember, that was yesterday!).

I just made a non-admin user and logged in, that user does not see the error. However I could not upload.

I'm thinking that maybe imagemagick or GD isn't installed, which would explain the batch add messages anyway.

I have left a message on their forum, but being a free site, not holding out much hope. Anyone know of a free Coppermine enabled site with decent space allowance?

If your keen and want to have a look- usser - testtest        pw -testerpassword1
 http://www.csphotos.5gbfree.com/gallery/index.php

Don't go to too much trouble as it's only a free one and I'll just look for another.

Russ_

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 11:17:32 pm »

Doing a "simple" file upload:

Error
No file was uploaded!
If you have really selected a file to upload, check that the server allows file uploads...

File: /home/csphotos/public_html/gallery/db_input.php - Line: 569

Russ_

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2014, 01:03:36 am »

Tell you what - forget it, I've found another that works: freehostingnoads.net, we'll see how that goes.

Thanks for your help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.