Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: error message on new install  (Read 4657 times)

Russ_

• Coppermine regular visitor
error message on new install
« on: May 01, 2014, 01:48:47 am »

I have signed up to 5GBfree.com.

I'm testing Coppermine on it. I have manually installed it, that went fine.

When I sign into Coppermine, on every single page at the very bottom it says this:
Fatal error: Unknown: Failed opening required '/usr/share/php/footer.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in Unknown on line 0

I cannot do a batch add either, the radar icons come up next to the file names and the mouse-over text says it can't create the thumbnails or reduced size images and that same error message below it.

Any ideas?

Russ_

Re: error message on new install
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 01:49:57 am »

Russ_

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 04:07:39 am »

oops again, too many http's!  Here: http://www.csphotos.5gbfree.com/gallery/index.php

gmc

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • GMC Design Photo Gallery
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 02:12:12 pm »

Sounds like 2 unrelated issues...

When I sign into Coppermine, on every single page at the very bottom it says this:
Fatal error: Unknown: Failed opening required '/usr/share/php/footer.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in Unknown on line 0
I don't see the error message when visiting your gallery - but you do say 'when signed in'...
If this happens with a NON-ADMIN account, you can post a test account here for us to see...
Please do NOT post admin account credentials.

The message doesn't appear to be from Coppermine as it isn't a path/file Coppermine uses...
Even specifying a 'Custom Footer' to include via Config won't produce that error message if not found.
You may want to ask your ISP about that message/file.  Perhaps is something they are trying to add to your page as a free account.

I cannot do a batch add either, the radar icons come up next to the file names and the mouse-over text says it can't create the thumbnails or reduced size images and that same error message below it.
Please review the doc at http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/upload_troubleshooting.htm... Starting with the first blue box - which would be my best guess at your issue.
If that doesn't resolve it - continue to follow the instructions to try to resolve and gather additional information.
Thanks!
Greg
My Coppermine Gallery
Need a web hosting account? See my gallery for an offer for CPG Forum users.
Send me money

Russ_

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 11:08:46 pm »

Thanks. i did a reasonable amount of research and found the permissions thing. I have set and reset the permissions on the albums (and all sub-dirs and files) and another dir  (which I can't remember, that was yesterday!).

I just made a non-admin user and logged in, that user does not see the error. However I could not upload.

I'm thinking that maybe imagemagick or GD isn't installed, which would explain the batch add messages anyway.

I have left a message on their forum, but being a free site, not holding out much hope. Anyone know of a free Coppermine enabled site with decent space allowance?

If your keen and want to have a look- usser - testtest        pw -testerpassword1
 http://www.csphotos.5gbfree.com/gallery/index.php

Don't go to too much trouble as it's only a free one and I'll just look for another.

Russ_

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 11:17:32 pm »

Doing a "simple" file upload:

Error
No file was uploaded!
If you have really selected a file to upload, check that the server allows file uploads...

File: /home/csphotos/public_html/gallery/db_input.php - Line: 569

Russ_

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2014, 01:03:36 am »

Tell you what - forget it, I've found another that works: freehostingnoads.net, we'll see how that goes.

Thanks for your help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.