Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: MySQL 5.5  (Read 7470 times)

DenisG

• Coppermine regular visitor
MySQL 5.5
« on: March 07, 2014, 03:09:54 pm »

Could anyone tell me if Coppermine is OK with MySQL 5.5 as my host is upgrading to this on 10th March. Is there anything I need to do?

Denis.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: MySQL 5.5
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 01:09:25 pm »

I haven't noticed any issues with MySQL 5.5.

DenisG

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 01:18:56 pm »

Thanks for that Andre, most appreciated. Guess I'll find out Monday!

Denis.

DenisG

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 04:52:37 pm »

Hi again. Apparently they have upgraded PHP to 5.4.25 and MySQL to 5.5.35. Tested Sunday night and everything was OK. Today, Monday, the following text appears at the top of every page. Can anyone help?

Code: [Select]
Strict Standards: Non-static method Inspekt::makeSuperCage() should not be called statically in /home/braytonb/public_html/gallery/include/init.inc.php on line 50

Strict Standards: Non-static method Inspekt_Supercage::Factory() should not be called statically in /home/braytonb/public_html/gallery/include/inspekt.php on line 283

Strict Standards: Non-static method Inspekt::makeGetCage() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/braytonb/public_html/gallery/include/inspekt/supercage.php on line 126

Strict Standards: Non-static method Inspekt_Cage::Factory() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/braytonb/public_html/gallery/include/inspekt.php on line 148

Strict Standards: Non-static method Inspekt::makePostCage() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/braytonb/public_html/gallery/include/inspekt/supercage.php on line 127

Strict Standards: Non-static method Inspekt_Cage::Factory() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/braytonb/public_html/gallery/include/inspekt.php on line 171

Strict Standards: Non-static method Inspekt::makeCookieCage() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/braytonb/public_html/gallery/include/inspekt/supercage.php on line 128

Strict Standards: Non-static method Inspekt_Cage::Factory() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/braytonb/public_html/gallery/include/inspekt.php on line 193

Strict Standards: Non-static method Inspekt::makeEnvCage() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/braytonb/public_html/gallery/include/inspekt/supercage.php on line 129

Strict Standards: Non-static method Inspekt_Cage::Factory() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/braytonb/public_html/gallery/include/inspekt.php on line 216

Strict Standards: Non-static method Inspekt::makeFilesCage() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/braytonb/public_html/gallery/include/inspekt/supercage.php on line 130

Strict Standards: Non-static method Inspekt_Cage::Factory() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/braytonb/public_html/gallery/include/inspekt.php on line 239

Strict Standards: Non-static method Inspekt::makeServerCage() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/braytonb/public_html/gallery/include/inspekt/supercage.php on line 136

Strict Standards: Non-static method Inspekt_Cage::Factory() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/braytonb/public_html/gallery/include/inspekt.php on line 125

Denis.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 04:55:17 pm »

That issue has been fixed in cpg1.5.26. You should upgrade as soon as possible, as you're a version with known security vulnerabilities:
<!--Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.5.14 (stable)-->

DenisG

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 05:49:37 pm »

Thanks Andre, I guess now I have no option but to try the upgrade. When I upgraded to 14 I lost the whole thing so had to rebuild from scratch. Vowed never again :(. I never did remember all the mods I made and re uploaded very few photo's. If I lose it this time it's gone for good. My main personal gallery worries the hell out of me though as it is modified and has thousands of photo's.

Surely in this day and age there has to be a better way to upgrade :-[

Denis.

gmc

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • GMC Design Photo Gallery
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 06:30:30 pm »

If you search on those messages - here or google - you should find ways to suppress them - they are error/warning/notification messages from PHP... Some have no good way to effect a change - so this was addressed in 1.5.26 with a change to CPG.

Obviously don't know what happened to you last time. The upgrade from 1.5.14 to 1.5.26 is fairly simple, but MODS will be an issue... My best advice is to compare your current source code with the matching distribution to find all the updates made - and then see if that code has been added to 1.5.26, might be available or written as a plugin, or if the changes need to be carried forward/refitted.
If you go through the comparison, be sure to leave footprints for every mod... I always use //*GMC to track mine on each line changed - to make finding them 'next time' even easier...
It can take some time, but free compare tools help...

A gallery without MODS - the longest part of the upgrade is uploading the new files - beyond that is a matter of minutes.

Greg
Thanks!
Greg
My Coppermine Gallery
Need a web hosting account? See my gallery for an offer for CPG Forum users.
Send me money

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 09:16:48 pm »

DenisG,

It is always hard to update but with any package it really is essential. I have seen so many sites hacked over the years you wouldn't believe it. From my experience CPG is less likely to get hacked than many other packages such as Wordpress or Joomla but you should still keep it up to date.

It is a real shame you lost everything last time you tried. However, this time round make sure you take a backup of both your files and your database before you start. Also make a list of all your plugins and their settings along with details of any code modifications you might have made.

If all goes well and you follow the backup instructions as per the docs then you should find it an easy task. From 1.5.14 to 1.5.26 should be a very simple update as the code changes are not too extreme. If something goes wrong we are here to help.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

DenisG

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2014, 12:39:58 am »

Thanks guys, I hear what you are saying. I guess if I was a Coppermine addict or dev team member it would be easy. But I'm not, unfortunately, I'm just retired and not as sharp as I used to be. The gallery just changed is not of great concern as I said. Because I lost it last time it is nothing much at all of what it used to be so I can afford to lose it.

My main site gallery is my concern. It works fine on 1.5.14. I really can't afford the risk on that one with this total over-write system. Why oh why can't this be like others and just replace the amended files........ The reason I am concerned is that I (foolishly perhaps!) built the gallery first with Coppermine then used the design for the rest of my site as that was simple. I would never have a chance of finding all those lines of code I changed. I think I need a vallium sandwich :(

Sorry guys, I am just having a bad one, with a bit of luck my hosts may not even upgrade that server.

Denis.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2014, 12:52:32 am »

That 150-600 certainly looks like a great lens for the price. If my 100-400 ever dies I would certainly give that a lot of consideration. Currently saving up for the Canon 600 or possibly the 500 and a 1.4X, yet to make up my mind on that.

As for your gallery, if you really are struggling I will take a look only because it will take my mind off whether to stop saving for the 600 or not. If you want me to do it I'll send you a PM.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

DenisG

Re: Re: MySQL 5.5
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2014, 01:17:53 am »

That 150-600 certainly looks like a great lens for the price. If my 100-400 ever dies I would certainly give that a lot of consideration. Currently saving up for the Canon 600 or possibly the 500 and a 1.4X, yet to make up my mind on that.

As for your gallery, if you really are struggling I will take a look only because it will take my mind off whether to stop saving for the 600 or not. If you want me to do it I'll send you a PM.

Canon 600mm, £10,479, Tamron 150-600, £949. That's a big price difference and I have tried both. The Canon is a lovely lens of exceptional quality but is difficult to lug around. The Tammy you can take almost anywhere, has the zoom range and if nothing else makes a superb explore lens. My "dream" lens if I could go to that price Phil would be the Sigma 300-800 AND I could get a 1D4 body as well!. Now that's an amazing lens. F5.6, Same as the Canon 800 with that additional 200mm but still with that zoom range if the elephant you were photographing full frame on your 600 suddenly came to within 100'. And let's face it, if you could afford a £10k+ lens you would be going on a safari......................wouldn't you? ;D

Denis.

DenisG

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2014, 11:42:32 am »

DenisG,

It is always hard to update but with any package it really is essential. I have seen so many sites hacked over the years you wouldn't believe it. From my experience CPG is less likely to get hacked than many other packages such as Wordpress or Joomla but you should still keep it up to date.

It is a real shame you lost everything last time you tried. However, this time round make sure you take a backup of both your files and your database before you start. Also make a list of all your plugins and their settings along with details of any code modifications you might have made.

If all goes well and you follow the backup instructions as per the docs then you should find it an easy task. From 1.5.14 to 1.5.26 should be a very simple update as the code changes are not too extreme. If something goes wrong we are here to help.

Hi Phil. Apologies if this appears a separate question demanding a separate thread but to me it is directly related. I intend to try the upgrade on my smaller site this morning so I will see how that goes. Regarding my main site though is there any way that I could download the entire gallery to a hard drive on my desktop and run it from there, install the upgrade and see what happens?

Denis.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2014, 11:48:27 am »

DenisG

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2014, 11:33:20 am »

OK, smaller gallery update went OK, phew!

Unfortunately my main gallery did not. The main page layout is all wrong and can't be changed by Config, Album list view, Content of main page. It is showing the category icon then the album icons. Clicking the category icons just go to a blank page. Clicking the album icons is ok and takes you to the album. The main page should show just the category icons and clicking on those should take you to the albums in that category. I think the original setting was catlist/anycontent.

I have used the Check Version command and it shows all files as green ticked but many in the Modified column show the red icon stating "File may be corrupt (or you have deliberately edited it).". In fairness it has always been like that after an update. However, in the missing column, while many show as removed which I believe is intentional, 2 language files are missing and mandatory but it also shows the same for 3 files in "Albums". Two are text files, albums/edit/no_FTP-uploads_into_this_folder!.txt and albums/userpics/no_FTP-uploads_into_this_folder!.txt and then albums/edit/index.php. Could this be related?

Comparing the Albums folder with the original one, the file concerned is shown as index.html, not .php. I didn't upload the new albums folder in case it corrupted the 2300 photo's in there. Same as the smaller gallery and that worked fine.

Any ideas?

Denis.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2014, 11:44:13 am »

Clicking the category icons just go to a blank page.
Have you run update.php?

It is showing the category icon then the album icons. [..] The main page should show just the category icons and clicking on those should take you to the albums in that category.
Does it show all categories and then albums without a category or does it show albums directly below each category?

Could this be related?
I don't think so.

gmc

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • GMC Design Photo Gallery
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2014, 11:51:48 am »

Using the link you posted earlier, I can see the behavior (except versioncheck of course since that needs admin...)
Shows albums directly below category...

The files in the album directory aren't an issue...
But aside from that (since you didn't upload the albums directory) the rest of the files should match on version check... Unless as it says you explicitly updated it...
I would suggest uploading again - seems something went wrong.

You mentioned 'anycontent' - be sure you retain your previous anycontent.php if you are using it.
Be sure you ran update.php (but that won't affect version check..)

Normally, the listing of albums under categories on main page is a config setting, but again with the other issues, I would redo the upload first as that wouldn't't have been changed by the upgrade.

If that still results in 'blank' screen when clicking on category - turn on debug and see what error messages you get.

Greg
Thanks!
Greg
My Coppermine Gallery
Need a web hosting account? See my gallery for an offer for CPG Forum users.
Send me money

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2014, 11:57:56 am »

that wouldn't't have been changed by the upgrade
Please consider that change:
Code: [Select]
2012-03-14 [B] Fixed behavior of "Show first level album thumbnails in categories" setting (thread ID 74568) {eenemeenemuu}

DenisG

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2014, 12:14:30 pm »

I had done the update.php, but have re uploaded and it now works ok. Thanks guys.

That just leaves the question, should I replace that index.html file with the mandatory index.php?

Denis.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2014, 12:27:26 pm »

It doesn't matter at all, but if you replace it versioncheck won't complain anymore.

DenisG

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2014, 12:45:43 pm »

Thanks Andre, if it isn't actually broke, I won't fix it. After re-uploading it worked fine, for about 10 mins, just gone back to upload some new photo's and "Coppermine critical error:
Unable to connect to database !
MySQL said: Lost connection to MySQL server at 'waiting for initial communication packet', system error: 95
>:(

Denis.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 19 queries.